Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its only my view, a view shared by about 65% of the nation that's against independence, I am sensing an enormous petted lip, when this poll is defeated

Some of us actually do research rather than stick to ignorant beliefs...

You can vote Labour in an independent Scotland, if you want. Or Tory.

See, that's what doesn't add up. I understand that there are people who say "Independence first, sort out the rest later", but that just leads to the SNP saying anything at all to get support. I don't for a second believe the SNP would lower corporation tax - far too many of their senior figures would baulk at such a prospect and a lot of the support they've taken from Labour in recent years would throw a hissy fit.

So the SNP are to all intents and purposes, lying. They flip-flop around like newly caught fish - on NATO, on the EU, on the Euro, on the Pound, who knows what they'll say tomorrow?

All the parties are lying, self-serving, undemocratic structures but the consequences of voting for independence based on the pie-in-the-sky promises of the SNP are a step too far.

I would go back to the point I made earlier in the thread that this discussion fits perfectly for a football forum. A lot of people will pick their political allegiances much like their fitba teams and then stick by them through thick and thin no matter.

The lad ecto has clearly made his mind up already and no amount of facts and figures will change that. Anyone who has done the slightest bit of research will know that his reasons are absolute shite but again thats blind loyalty for you :1eye

I would say to anyone who isn't so gullible, to take their time an look at what each side is actually offering - If people do this then come the referendum, I'm confident it will be a resounding YES

no chance, will be a happy day for me when Salmond is humiliated next October and rides off into the main stand at Tynecastle or Ayr races

As a fellow sci-fi film fan I can only applaud the FM for his knowledge on the subject 8)

So Salmonds charming and likes Star Trek.

So what.

You think most politicians don't appear that way when chatting about their hobby or passion outside politics.

Pointless YouTube clips.

He is still scared of facing Darling.

I would suggest that the two sides in this debate are miles apart, I am firm in my views and I have heard nothing that will change my mind, I now have my life to get on with

Salmond is the elected First Minister of Scotland. It is only right that he goes head to head with the elected Prime Minister of the UK on this matter. It says it all when Cameron won't answer that challenge.....He is after all our PM as well

Darling is the front man for a pressure group that would like Scotland to remain in the UK....nothing more. His level would be someone like Elaine C Smith

Salmond is the elected First Minister of Scotland. It is only right that he goes head to head with the elected Prime Minister of the UK on this matter. It says it all when Cameron won't answer that challenge.....He is after all our PM as well

Darling is the front man for a pressure group that would like Scotland to remain in the UK....nothing more. His level would be someone like Elaine C Smith

Nah.Excuses Ollie (by the way,there's an article on Stan & Ollies Scotland connection on the BBC News Website today).

Chair of the BT group is clearly the one for Salmond to 'fight'.

Everyone sees Salmonds game,he's avoiding confrontation because he knows he has not enough 'ammo'.

He'll come out from the bunker nearer Sept 2014 when there is little or no time for his competitors to 'hit back'.

Would you expect Cameron to do a head-to-head debate with the head of Yorkshire County Council?

Salmond stakes a lot on his economist background. A debate with a former Chancellor would be interesting and a great opportunity for him to forcefully nail the financial case for independence.

Would you expect Cameron to do a head-to-head debate with the head of Yorkshire County Council?

Salmond stakes a lot on his economist background. A debate with a former Chancellor would be interesting and a great opportunity for him to forcefully nail the financial case for independence.

But Yorkshire county council isn't trying to leave the Union :unsure:

Archived