North Korea ...again

On 30/08/2017 at 08:33, welshbairn said:

Just to reassure @sjc the missile was around 100 miles above the International Space Station's orbit altitude when it passed over his head. 

I just came in to ask why there was no footage of said missile going over Japan. That explains why.

12 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41138834

North Korea claim they now have a Hydrogen Bomb small enough to fit on one of thier missiles. 

NK have been repeatedly trying to provoke a war and now they may have the means to begin a Nuclear war. 

Be a shame if it exploded on take off and they nuked themselves, eh?!

Although, I'm pretty sure that's not actually how these weapons work.

39 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

NK have been repeatedly trying to provoke a war and now they may have the means to begin a Nuclear war. 

You've got it a bit back to front there, they've been trying to prevent a war that they couldn't possibly win. Possibly misguidedly their defensive strategy has been to develop weapons that would make an attack by America too costly, ie. nuclear capability that could hit America. The last thing North Korea want is a war, they know they'd be annihilated. I wouldn't trust their propaganda department too much, that could be an empty sump connected to a bucket.

_97648289_041423379.jpg

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You've got it a bit back to front there, they've been trying to prevent a war that they couldn't possibly win. Possibly misguidedly their defensive strategy has been to develop weapons that would make an attack by America too costly, ie. nuclear capability that could hit America. The last thing North Korea want is a war, they know they'd be annihilated. I wouldn't trust their propaganda department too much, that could be an empty sump connected to a bucket.

_97648289_041423379.jpg

The guy on the right is quite clearly the NK version of Rick Stein jotting down notes and KJU is on NKQVC updating viewers on the latest communist nutribullet enema machine.

The Fat Man might be a bit daft, but I'd imagine that he quite likes being alive, so he'll not be nuking anyone.

There is an ingenious nuclear reference in the previous paragraph. If you spotted it, create an alias and award yourself a green dot.

He is definitely not a little boy

The largest of the 2 was recorded as a 6.2, which is the largest recorded earthquake that was a suspected weapons test. That would suggest the Hydrogen weapon claim is true. As there is a clear 1.9 improvement from the first and the most recent quakes. As a rough rule of thumb a factor of 2.0 difference indicates approximately 1000 times more every released. 

Hydrogen nuclear weapons are much more powerful than regular nukes or atom bombs. 

Either way I find this alarming. 

3 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

The largest of the 2 was recorded as a 6.2, which is the largest recorded earthquake that was a suspected weapons test. That would suggest the Hydrogen weapon claim is true. As there is a clear 1.9 improvement from the first and the most recent quakes. As a rough rule of thumb a factor of 2.0 difference indicates approximately 1000 times more every released. 

Hydrogen nuclear weapons are much more powerful than regular nukes or atom bombs. 

Either way I find this alarming. 

Alarming yes, but unconvinced they have the means of delivery yet.

That said, I'd be far more concerned if I lived in South Korea....

7 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I'm concerned about any scenario that could lead to using Nuclear weapons.

I think the only realistic target they could currently use a nuclear weapon on is Seoul, South Korea. Even then, I'd guess their means of delivery would be by being dropped by plane rather than a missile at present. 

Agree with your sentiments though.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

Alarming yes, but unconvinced they have the means of delivery yet.

That said, I'd be far more concerned if I lived in South Korea....

I do.

It's a shame this is happening, it's such a lovely day in Seoul.