Nightclub Bouncer Knockback Excuses

Someone on here must have had a KB from BoHo in Partick?

If you don't drive a Lambo, own a Rolex or stay in the West End then you don't get in.

A club where is everyone is engrossed in their own a**ehole

only club I have been in west end was viper and it was full of either west end pretentious c***s or glasgow uni rugby lads/pretentious c***s with their horrendous accents flying about.

Birds were no too bad though ;)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't drive a Lambo, own a Rolex or stay in the West End then you don't get in.

It's now called Sanctuary but guessing it hasn't changed much- think the only couple of times I ever got in there were more females than males in our group.

I have! a few years ago when I was renovating my flat I took the girl upstairs out for dinner and a few drinks......fortunately it was the only place I was denied access to that night! ;)

Can't remember which post it was on, but the general chat was "shitest pubs in Glasgow we've been to / not been to".

Another worthy contender was originally called "The Albion Way", later "The Woodville Airms".. and later "Nothing".

woodvillepan_l.jpg

Was reading on the site "Old Glasgow Pubs" about it... apparently, it used to be quite a different place.

Tennent Caledonian Breweries built a brand new luxury public house in Broomloan Road in 1972 in time for the Christmas parties at a cost of £50.000.

The new venture consisted of a lounge bar and a public bar with plush seats and carpeting and a new infra-red grill, Govan had never seen anything like it before.

The manager of T.C.B's David Aitken said at the time "We hope that the residents of the area will come here to relax and enjoy themselves."

albion%20way1.jpg

Can't remember which post it was on, but the general chat was "shitest pubs in Glasgow we've been to / not been to".

Another worthy contender was originally called "The Albion Way", later "The Woodville Airms".. and later "Nothing".

woodvillepan_l.jpg

Was reading on the site "Old Glasgow Pubs" about it... apparently, it used to be quite a different place.

albion%20way1.jpg

I had a pish against the wheel of my own car, not 50yds from that place and the lavvies that no doubt dwelled within, on the way to Ibrox after being caught short.

That pretty much sums up all you need to know about it.

woodvillepan_l.jpg

albion%20way1.jpg

i am sure that is the pub that was ransacked by aberdeen hooligans at some point in the 90's as they belived due to its proximity to Ibrox it was a rangers pub. it wasn't :lol:

No I'm a fan of a sounder clientele who don't just go to a club to stand around posing and try to sleaze their way in about girls all night. Good music, sound open-minded people (for the most part) and a good atmosphere. Also not true about subclub, although it does happen a lot. Buff club has actually grown on me lately and would be my club of choice in general.

**** although I might just be bitter because I've got a gf and my sleazing days are now over.

Most of them are sound and open minded cause they're pilled out their tits tbf. That's another selling point for me though.

There was a place in town, which I think now might be a Wagamama, which had one of those circular communal sinks outside the toilets for both sexes to use. Can't imagine that lasted long for the above reason.

Bargo on Albion Street (or Home as it is now) had one for years. It may still do.

I had a pish against the wheel of my own car, not 50yds from that place and the lavvies that no doubt dwelled within, on the way to Ibrox after being caught short.

That pretty much sums up all you need to know about it.

I'm dying to know what's been painted over beside "THE _________ ARE GRASSES". Part of me wishes it had been "BAMBOO AND PAMPAS" but in all honesty that's not very likely.

I learned quickly that "How do I become a regular if you never let me in?" is not the response to this.

Quite. only ever encountered that once, Muscular Arms in Glasgow 1976.

The look on the brain dead Gorilla on the door was precious.

Must have been around 19/20 in Edinburgh with a few friends. Decided we were going to go on to Stereo. (Not sure what it's called these days) I said for my mates to go on ahead, I'd get them in there because I was bursting for a pish. I went at the top of the steps leading down to where Stereo was.

Now I'm not sure if they saw me, but as there was no queue I walked right past the bouncers to a "haw you, get in the queue"

Bemused I was like.."em ok I assumed to go in as there's no queue?"

"Naw, get behind here pal"

So I proceded to get into line.

"No the night pal" was the response.

They weren't even laughing or joking, it was complete seriousness. I was protesting that my mates were in there, I couldn't quite understand how they weren't letting me in. (I was far from

Being intoxicated, or had a dodgy look about me (to my knowledge anyway)

Had to phone my mates to get the f**k out of there so we could go elsewhere as it was fucking pishing it down. I'm sure we ended up in opium moshing to Nine Inch Nails. (I'm no goth)

Once about 30 of us were on a work night out. There was only about 6 guys and we all tried to get into walkabout. Bouncers let everyone but the guys in telling us there were too many guys. Naturally all 30 of us left. Idiots.

Another night we were going to bar khol, just 4 guys on a quiet night out, it was pretty early. Got to the door and I asked the bouncer if it was busy inside. He clearly missheard me, looked utterly disgusted with what I had said and told us we were too drunk. None of us had had a drink by this point.

I also remember once my mate got pulled aside by a bouncer and told "I remember you from last weekend. Anything like last time and you will be barred for life." Naturally none of us had a clue what he was talking about, we werent even out the week before.

Me and a mate were stood at the door of The Atholl and hadn't realised we both had black trousers and light shirts. A wewee guy asked if he could'd get in with trainers on. We said no obviously and spent the next hour stopping people coming in for a variety of spurious reasons. We even took a few glasses to the bar for effect. This went on until the real bouncers turned up. Unsurprisingly they never saw the funny side and threatened death, so we moved on

Archived