Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

Just now, Rugster said:

Which is less than four weeks away 

And will include the next OF game.

Could quite easily be 20pts behind after that game.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

it might be The OP, cant mind if he ever had a samaras avatar or not but fits the description of being flippant/indulging in semantics. Made an arse of himself over Shay Logan and had a weird hateboner for the guy after the Tonev affair.

That was all of them.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What the f**k is this even supposed to mean?

Lennon died 40 years tomorrow so I assumed that Carlisle sacked Pressley on or near the day Elvis died.

But I just checked and he died in August and Pressley was sacked in November so f**k knows.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Celtic can't sack him because they can't give in to their rioting fans 😄

I think it’s a little more complex than that because those fans who want to riot will continue to do so, this statement does nothing to act as a deterrent for the roasters that want to do that.

Its not an unexpected statement but Its massively short sighted and it’s going to hurt the club in both the short and long term. Is it as simple as there being no contingency plan or is it the case they have made the situation so toxic that no one wants the job? Or is it they want to give Lennon the opportunity to win a treble and the he goes via mutal consent?

I’m sure the banter will be fabulous 

I just cannot get my head around what the Celtic board are seeing on the park to make them think this can be turned around by Lennon.
I mean, I'm not complaining, but I've just no idea what they're seeing.
Same here. Baffling.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

I just cannot get my head around what the Celtic board are seeing on the park to make them think this can be turned around by Lennon.

I think it's more of a case of what they are seeing, and what they are seeing are fans having a massive temper tantrum and demanding the club do what they want, and are naturally bristling at the idea of being told what to do, hence the GIRUY. As for football reasons, only thing I can think of is because he knows the players and they trust he'll be able to get them playing the way they were previously despite the lack of evidence showing that he can.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I wonder if they have given up this season already.

Keeping Lennon in the job til early in the new year just to punt him and have Kennedy for a few weeks caretaker before appointing someone after the January window has shut. Save them having to spend f**k loads on new players that a new manager would inevitably want if they came in now.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

We are going to let everyone down on Sunday & I am stupidly grumpy about it before it has even happened.

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:
10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Same here. Baffling.

Uncle Peter desperately pinching the pennies for one last bonus before he is run out of Dodge forever is my best guess