Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It was a snowball effect, starting with us losing Terry Butcher's signings in 2015, then our board trusting Yogi with signing anyone to replace them, then Foran's insistence on playing 442 in every game, seeing us on the end of some hammerings, which got us relegated.  Then having to deal with United, County and Hearts throwing crazy money at the Championship every season since.

We'll be back soon, I'm certain of that.  Robbo knows what he's doing.

I watched the last 20 minutes of the QoS match, I was quite impressed, not that you were up against much, tbqh.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

I watched the last 20 minutes of the QoS match, I was quite impressed, not that you were up against much, tbqh.

Yep, Queens will probably go down, they're shite at the back and in midfield.  We pissed all over Raith too who everyone seems to think will win the league so that's a good sign.  Our fixtures have been horrendous to far, we've only played one bottom half team so far I think.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Even at that, from 12/13 onwards the majority of seasons saw others keeping pace with Celtic until the turn of the year at least.

Even if we extremely charitably assume that Celtic will win their two games in hand and therefore view the gap as really being 7 points rather than 13, then even handing them those 6 points it would still be a bigger gap than they had at this time in December in most of those seasons.

12/13 - 3 ahead of ICT, 4 from Motherwell & Hibs, 7 from Aberdeen & St Johnstone with a game in hand over all of them

13/14 - 10 points clear of Dundee United, Aberdeen (both played one more than Celtic) & ICT (played one less than Celtic)

14/15 - 3 from ICT, 4 from Dundee United, 7 from Aberdeen

15/16 - 4 from Aberdeen with a game in hand

16/17 - 8 clear of Rangers with 3 games in hand

17/18 - 4 from Aberdeen with 2 games in hand, 7 from Rangers with 1 in hand

18/19 - 2 clear of Kilmarnock with 2 games in hand, 3 clear òf Rangers (same games) & Hearts (2 in hand), 5 clear of St Johnstone (1 in hand)

19/20 - 2 clear of Rangers

Also worth noting that 16/17 was the only one of those seasons where they had as good a record after 16 games as Rangers do this season.

Any chance you can run off similar Morton stats for that time you squandered a lead in season 03/04?

I’d start a thread on it, but it seems it’s already been done....people in glass houses and all that?

Out of interest were you even born the last time Morton were in the top division in Scotland?

“Morton were 12 points clear of the Second Division at New Year 2004. They then totally collapsed and finished 4th, 11 points behind eventual champions Airdrie United. There were accusations several first-team players had bets on Airdrie.”

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Unforgettable afternoon. I was watching the Celtic match in a pub in Motherwell before our match feeling pretty good about the two points that Celtic were dropping. The Rogic goal felt like a kick in the nuts. If I remember correctly we started pretty well at Fir Park, but at the end we all knew that was our slim chance gone.

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

As soon as Danny Ward was away that was it.

Yes indeed. Tbf that day was a microcosm of why we'd never win it.

Rogic pulling out a 30 yard screamer when it sounded like they were useless.

Us playing fairly well before our 'goalkeeper' basically chucked two in.

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Any chance you can run off similar Morton stats for that time you squandered a lead in season 03/04?

I’d start a thread on it, but it seems it’s already been done....people in glass houses and all that?

Out of interest were you even born the last time Morton were in the top division in Scotland?

“Morton were 12 points clear of the Second Division at New Year 2004. They then totally collapsed and finished 4th, 11 points behind eventual champions Airdrie United. There were accusations several first-team players had bets on Airdrie.”

imageproxy-12.gif.3427d17aca3af7074ae9df3f0238ba89.gif

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

imageproxy-12.gif.3427d17aca3af7074ae9df3f0238ba89.gif

I will take that to be a no then to the question of whether you have seen Morton in the top flight. Away back to the lower league forums you perennial loser.

Was that the game where Barry Robson came on and got sent off pretty much straight away?

Just now, Ron Aldo said:
11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Was that the game where Barry Robson came on and got sent off pretty much straight away?

Yes, although I can understand anyone's desire to smash Scott Mcdonald in the face.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, Queens will probably go down, they're shite at the back and in midfield.  We pissed all over Raith too who everyone seems to think will win the league so that's a good sign.  Our fixtures have been horrendous to far, we've only played one bottom half team so far I think.

That's just not true, is it?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Probably why I just don't take to Klopp despite the nice guy persona. Recalling a keeper who was getting 90 mins every game to look at him. Then play him twice.

We ended up with Adam Collins.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was, aye.

Still one of my favourite Moult goals like. He's off celebrating before the ball has even hit the net.

Edited by capt_oats

This is an enjoyable thread with some good points well made.  What it lacks, though, is sustained LOLing@Celtic. I guess the P&B Diddies don't have the stomach for it .  No need to change it but let's just recognise that the old "Two Cheeks" trope is now dead.

Here's an unhappy bhoy: