Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

7 hours ago, bennett said:

I was sure that we sold more than we spent during Walter's second spell in charge. Debt was brought down from around £60m to under £18m, maybe I'm remembering it wrong. 

You are remembering it wrong

2 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Rangers fans like Hibs? 

Odd but ok. Hate to tell you this but that club has a phrase named after them based on bottling every big game (see St Johnstone semi final in the past fortnight).

Also the Sevco franchise lost to St Mirren in the cup with Celtic already out no? Sounds like bottling to me.

Plus Sevco spending tens of millions again to not win any trophy in the past 2 seasons (plus at least 1 of 3 this season) sounds like bottling to me too.

I think it is your team that is associated with bottles when playing 9iar Celtic

We do infinitely better in cup competitions in recent times than yourselves

19 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

I think it is your team that is associated with bottles when playing 9iar Celtic

We do infinitely better in cup competitions in recent times than yourselves

😆 

You lost to St Johnstone in a semi final 3 nil literally within the last few weeks. You lost the other semi this season to a lower division rival who dominate you (more bottle issues against them).

You lost cup finals to Livingston and Ross County in recent memory.

You bottle playing Aberdeen almost every time - 3 wins against us in the last 24 games going back to 2012).

Also. "Hibsed it".

We lost some finals to a team who have won everything in Scotland for years.

Nice try 😆

celtic have invented their time zone, CPT .. celtic park time.

🍀
#𝙇𝙄𝙑𝘾𝙀𝙇 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮

🍀

🆚
Livingston

🏆
Scottish Premiership

⌚
20:15 CPT

🏟
Tony Macaroni Arena

🚫
Behind closed doors

💻
Live on @CelticTV (ex. UK & IRE)

📺
Live on @ScotlandSky #COYBIG

🟢

Edited by bennett

This is probably too tragic to laugh at.  It's Roger Mitchell, erstwhile head of The SPL, casting the loss of The Ten not as a footballing blip but as a failure of the Catholic people of Glasgow to fulfil their ambitions.  The entire prosody is that of regret and a sense of failure for what could have been:

This is probably too tragic to laugh at.  It's Roger Mitchell, erstwhile head of The SPL, casting the loss of The Ten not as a footballing blip but as a failure of the Catholic people of Glasgow to fulfil their ambitions.  The entire prosody is that of regret and a sense of failure for what could have been:

He’s doing “Walking Away” apparently

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wow - I always used to think Roger Mitchell was quite a strange man, and also very, very pleased with himself and the sound of his own voice.  Spending 2 minutes skim-reading his Twitter confirmed both of those impressions to be accurate, plus a big dose of Celtic bestteamintheworldbestfansintheworldparadisecelticdaft exceptionalism.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is he not just in the Tommy Sheridan mould of playing to the lunatic galleries? An attention seeking fuckwit.

56 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Fuckwits posting stuff from fuckwits and quoted by fuckwits?

If you can try and keep this mantra at the forefront of your mind for future ventures onto the Rangers thread I suspect all our forum experiences will be vastly improved. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

If you can try and keep this mantra at the forefront of your mind for future ventures onto the Rangers thread

Big of you to admit the Ragners fans are fuckwits.

This could be a new dawn of understanding.

And look who's giving them attention?
Fuckwits posting stuff from fuckwits and quoted by fuckwits?
If it's attention he's looking for the **** will oblige.

The thing about Mitchell is that as his professional career means he’s actually quite well informed* and has an inside perspective on the business. He’s frequently wrong about things but at least he’s usually being wrong in interesting ways.

However he is about as capable of talking objectively about the club he spent his boyhood watching as any of the rest of us.

* relative to the likes of Sheridan