Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

There's a more than reasonable case to be made for raising ticket prices for either mob of sectarian thugs by as much as it takes to keep the whole fucking lot of them where they belong - scattered across Scotland wherever weaklings desire vicarious validation, and at the other end of the ferry route to Cairnryan. A bold initiative by Killie, for a change, and one which should be welcomed by any locality which has to suffer regular visits from these Neanderthals.

ETA: I'd imagine linking the price of tickets for the business partners to current levels of benefit payment would eradicate the problem almost entirely.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

There's a more than reasonable case to be made for raising ticket prices for either mob of sectarian thugs by as much as it takes to keep the whole fucking lot of them where they belong - scattered across Scotland wherever weaklings desire vicarious validation, and at the other end of the ferry route to Cairnryan. A bold initiative by Killie, for a change, and one which should be welcomed by any locality which has to suffer regular visits from these Neanderthals.

Thats me telt then :(

ETA: I'd imagine linking the price of tickets for the business partners to current levels of benefit payment would eradicate the problem almost entirely.

You previously posted about sitting in the away end with the Celtic fans at rugby park and about how great the atmosphere was...

Ktid......

QLP, I'm not sure your argument about increased costs with larger visiting crowds, while self-evident, holds any water in this instance unless we know figures for specific incremental costs incurred. Of course, as you put it, there will be more cost in containing 4000 Celtic supporters than there would be doing the same role for 500 Accies supporters - but there's still the 8 fold increase in revenue there, notwithstanding money taken over the counter at the tea bars.

It might very well be that we have to put a couple of quid on to the ticket prices to maintain our margins, but I doubt it. It strikes me as more realistic that we're simply trying to maximise our earning potential on the one or two busiest days of the season - which is fine despite all the mewling. The market finds a price at the end of the day.

You previously posted about sitting in the away end with the Celtic fans at rugby park and about how great the atmosphere was... Ktid......

Jesus Christ

QLP, I'm not sure your argument about increased costs with larger visiting crowds, while self-evident, holds any water in this instance unless we know figures for specific incremental costs incurred. Of course, as you put it, there will be more cost in containing 4000 Celtic supporters than there would be doing the same role for 500 Accies supporters - but there's still the 8 fold increase in revenue there, notwithstanding money taken over the counter at the tea bars.

It might very well be that we have to put a couple of quid on to the ticket prices to maintain our margins, but I doubt it. It strikes me as more realistic that we're simply trying to maximise our earning potential on the one or two busiest days of the season - which is fine despite all the mewling. The market finds a price at the end of the day.

Having spoken with the club earlier in the week for the podcast, I'm led to believe that the cost of policing is so high that the club wouldn't be making very much more from a Celtic game than say Hamilton if it was a flat £20. The charge from Police Scotland has went up this season too, and I wouldn't be blown away if we see more than a few Scottish clubs starting to get miffed publicly with the current arrangement.

As for the tea bars, that would be all fine and dandy if we didn't hawk the contract out to Brownings, losing all profits in the process.

QLP sounds like the parasitic reptile who have been sponging off our glory for too long now. Bhoycott? I never do this. I just don't go to away games. It is like visting Airdrie when you live in Venice.

Missed this earlier :lol:

Yup, I loved sponging off your treble glory in 2011/12.

Whichever Celtic fans group is organising this boycott is clearly ignoring the fact that Celtic charge different amounts for different games depending on the opposition. Like just about every single professional football team on the planet.

Having spoken with the club earlier in the week for the podcast, I'm led to believe that the cost of policing is so high that the club wouldn't be making very much more from a Celtic game than say Hamilton if it was a flat £20. The charge from Police Scotland has went up this season too, and I wouldn't be blown away if we see more than a few Scottish clubs starting to get miffed publicly with the current arrangement.

Does that mean the same profit per supporter, or the same profit per game?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but still without figures it could still be...let's say...a creative way of telling you the truth?

It was on the BBC 606 boards, his excuse was that he wanted to sit beside his mates.

Seriously, hardly worth responding to, but I'll bite...

Absolute bollox of the highest order.

A. I posted on here that I had attended a game against celtic and been sat in the Chadwick.

B. The reason for this was that the tickets had been bought by my celtic-supporting mate, one guy couldn't make it (leaving a free ticket) and I decided to stay with the lads I'd traveled up with.

C. It was fucking awful when Larsson scored right in front of me and the trogs went mental.

Of course, Bennett may be telling the truth. I'll leave it to the rest of you to make your minds up.

Seriously, hardly worth responding to, but I'll bite...

Absolute bollox of the highest order.

A. I posted on here that I had attended a game against celtic and been sat in the Chadwick.

B. The reason for this was that the tickets had been bought by my celtic-supporting mate, one guy couldn't make it (leaving a free ticket) and I decided to stay with the lads I'd traveled up with.

C. It was fucking awful when Larsson scored right in front of me and the trogs went mental.

Of course, Bennett may be telling the truth. I'll leave it to the rest of you to make your minds up.

I've been saying for years you're a closet Celtic fan. It's embarrassing, stop.

So - I go to a match with three friends. One of them, a celtic fan, has bought the tickets. Thats where we go, then. In actual fact, the split was celtic - 2 fans, neutral- 1, and Killie - 1. One of the celtic fans has accompanied me in the East Stand a couple of times, as well. That must make him a secret Killie fan, then? Are you saying that you find it normal for friends to go to a match and split up before they get to the ground, then try to meet up afterwards? Is it unusual in your mind to have friends who support other teams? Would you refuse to sit with them? Fucking hell, you call me a moron. At least I live in the 21st Century, not the 17th.
No mention of a spare/free ticket here....