The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

What can we expect from Alex Ferguson, gents? We've just taken him on loan. 

Centre Mid, will take the ball on the deck  and spread passes, not afraid to carry it forward himself and pitch in with a few goals. Not the tallest but should be the first name on the team sheet, don't waste him and play him wide.

Last loanee we had who impressed this much  was Jason Kerr, another who has taken the same route to the top !

21 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Centre Mid, will take the ball on the deck  and spread passes, not afraid to carry it forward himself and pitch in with a few goals. Not the tallest but should be the first name on the team sheet, don't waste him and play him wide.

Last loanee we had who impressed this much  was Jason Kerr, another who has taken the same route to the top !

And a loanee we had that was arguably the best CB we've had in the last decade or so. Hopefully Ferguson has a similar impact. 

Pleasing to hear a good review. He sounds right up MBs street and someone who should fit in to what he's trying to do by playing out from the back and keeping the ball on the deck as best we can. Him being short will give the knicker-wetters in our support something to moan about as well. 

I'd imagine he'll be in plans for CM given we've just lost Wilson. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

And a loanee we had that was arguably the best CB we've had in the last decade or so. Hopefully Ferguson has a similar impact. 

Pleasing to hear a good review. He sounds right up MBs street and someone who should fit in to what he's trying to do by playing out from the back and keeping the ball on the deck as best we can. Him being short will give the knicker-wetters in our support something to moan about as well. 

I'd imagine he'll be in plans for CM given we've just lost Wilson. 

Brilliant bit of business for all concerned. 

Might need a few games to find his feet. I never really noticed him until a game at Bonnyrigg around  October. After Balde left us in December, he really stood out. Best player in division the 2nd half of the season. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He had something like 28 goal involvements last season correct me if I'm wrong. Best numbers I've seen from any East Fife player in my 19 years following the club. He can thread needles from 40 yards and gives absolutely everything every game. 

Edited by GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

https://forum.pieandbovril.com/topic/202239-the-east-fife-thread/?do=findComment&comment=15822284

On 06/08/2023 at 14:13, Its not only a game said:

Agreed.

We were outplayed yesterday . A combination of Peterhead playing very well and us playing really poor.

A big season for Greig. I fear this team is no where near the level of Darren’s team that was pushing for play-offs in the league above - on the same budget -not so long ago.

I see it’s being reported that Stirling Albion were  very unlucky to lose to a very good Aberdeen team last night.

We all enjoyed us , managed by Darren, beating the likes of Dundee Utd and Hearts a few seasons ago.

Stirling sit joint top of League 1 and we are joint bottom of league 2.

Time tends to make things clearer and reveal all. I suspect like many EF fans,Darren Young was not the problem- the Directors have made a huge mistake here-if so  who was specifically accountable for this really bad decision  ( The Chairman?).

How can we be confident that similar bad decisions will not be made ( have been made) in the future?

Maybe I am being unfair but it’s a question that should be aired.

31 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

I see it’s being reported that Stirling Albion were  very unlucky to lose to a very good Aberdeen team last night.

We all enjoyed us , managed by Darren, beating the likes of Dundee Utd and Hearts a few seasons ago.

Time tends to make things clearer and reveal all. I suspect like many EF fans,Darren Young was not the problem- the Directors have made a huge mistake here-if so  who was specifically accountable for this really bad decision  ( The Chairman?).

How can we be confident that similar bad decisions will not be made ( have been made) in the future?

My recollection it was the pressure from fans that  got Darren sacked.

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

It was clear to see that season that we had no money. We let most of the core players leave and we barely replaced them. 

This season, we've not replaced Alex Ferguson and it will show👍 can you imagine where we would have finished had he not signed? Scary stuff. 

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

Managers tend to have a shelf life at a particular club and wasn't it the case that Young had come to the end of his at Bayview and a parting of the ways was in everyone's interests?

Completly agree with the 2 previous posters. Had some great memories under Young, but he'd come to the end of his time here, a change was needed. It was fan pressure that saw the board act (not a decision I liked, but I can see why). I doubt DY would have us top of league 1, had he stayed & I also doubt Stirling, or ourselves will end the season anywhere near our current positions. 

5 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Completly agree with the 2 previous posters. Had some great memories under Young, but he'd come to the end of his time here, a change was needed. It was fan pressure that saw the board act (not a decision I liked, but I can see why). I doubt DY would have us top of league 1, had he stayed & I also doubt Stirling, or ourselves will end the season anywhere near our current positions. 

Aye, yer probably right- no way Stirling will remain top of league 1 by end of season.

On Saturday I would not have dropped Page,Walls or Newton.Try dropping your slow uncreative players.The midfield is to slow as are the front two.At the end of last season the manager should have identified where we could improve and made the necessary changes and that has not happened.Still needing new (younger) blood in midfield.

1 hour ago, troy said:

On Saturday I would not have dropped Page,Walls or Newton.Try dropping your slow uncreative players.The midfield is to slow as are the front two.At the end of last season the manager should have identified where we could improve and made the necessary changes and that has not happened.Still needing new (younger) blood in midfield.

You must be joking about Shepherd being slow.?

The worrying thing is we don’t look like scoring there is absolutely no width and we don’t look like getting in behind defences. We don’t have a ball carrier in midfield and the link from middle to front none existent. Tactics very negative even against 10 men  we played a holding midfield player for 50 minutes before changing it. To sum it up we are totally misfiring and confidence looks low maybe just take a rub of the green to get things going but I’m not so sure. Not all managers fault as most of the players way off what’s needed only Alan Fleming can 100% say that he is on his game the rest need to up their game soon.