The East Fife Thread

Enjoy the ride lads. Good times ahead with Dick, Pink and there staff for the next couple of years. Old school but effective, they know how to get the job done. Just don't disagree with them. 🇱🇻

Good news, I would hope that Walls and Newton follow soon!!!

Good riddance we are 5th place with 3 games left to play and 6 points behind Spartans off a play off place after that show today. The wind played apart (no excuse) and we were ripped apart by Bonnyrigg yet again and last season we made the play offs but we wasn't good enough to get promoted.

I feel next season under his team is what is required even the bench is what is has been all season no many options from the bench either we are stuck with Shepherd and shiv from the bench in attack but without fash that was evident today.

14 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

I wouldn't over-react due to 1 poor performance in 10. I'm sure the management know who they want to keep and today maybe helped in that choice.

Not over reacting on this result, I agree that management will know by now who they are keeping but what worries me is the management team going to get the backing from the board to fund the new squad?

3 hours ago, DDLL said:

Not over reacting on this result, I agree that management will know by now who they are keeping but what worries me is the management team going to get the backing from the board to fund the new squad?

You've got to imagine a budget had been agreed for next season before the Campbells took the job.

3 hours ago, DDLL said:

And why would that be a worry. Think they have backed previous managers within reason of budget 

1 hour ago, flyfifer48 said:

And why would that be a worry. Think they have backed previous managers within reason of budget 

They have backed previous managers I agree.

I see the Campbells demanding a bigger budget, more than before,  to bring in better players to win the league, these would be players that could be playing at a higher level.

There's also a decent chance that the Campbells will attract extra sponsorship to the club as well, which will then help the budget.

I'd be very surprised if Avenue Scotland, Pink's recruitment agency, doesn't appear somewhere on East Fife's strips next season.

5 hours ago, DDLL said:

About time the club get decent players in yesterday result a prime example we are toothless without fash and what it's been like under previous manager and it papered over the cracks we wasn't good enough get promoted last year and we are 6 points off the play offs this year  good riddance there's 3 games left before the current squad is emptied at end of season. But we have a decent manager that's been in lower leagues unlike last summer were signing unknown quality that hasn't delivered over the season...Philip (who left), Nicol etc....

25 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

There's also a decent chance that the Campbells will attract extra sponsorship to the club as well, which will then help the budget.

I'd be very surprised if Avenue Scotland, Pink's recruitment agency, doesn't appear somewhere on East Fife's strips next season.

Atttendance and hospitality numbers are up since the Campbells have come in. Nearly 700 yesterday, hospitality has went up to 100 from 20 people using it

The commercial team have done wonders up to now and I guess with having the Campbells on board it will be easier to bring more businesses on board?

On 13/04/2024 at 13:06, King Kebab said:

Good news, I would hope that Walls and Newton follow soon!!!

Given Healy has signed a contract extension to secure any funds if any bidder was to tempt him for full time football but it's good you mention the other two prospects we have promoted in recent seasons to the first team would you keep the other two for next season as well despite the problems we've had in defence and at left back for years? I think it is important to keep the/any youth prospects then what's the point in this pathway I know dick and his team that has came to the club will have different views and there players they will want in the upcoming window and have also against using Ramsay and Murray than be squad players within squad since.

It is also interesting giving we handed out contract extension before dick came in as manager to Hambrook (who's went to linlithgow but not done much out there unless he's injured now) and docherty who had one of his poorer games v Bonnyrigg (then again we have struggled v Bonnyrigg all season) there to replace Murdoch weather dick still wants them here next season still who knows. Who else do we want to see stay? I say Rollo (as back up), Easton, McManus, Murdoch, Millar and Shepherd as well as those two the rest haven't done much and I doubt we're making the hibs loanee permanent and Lyon still a good player on his game, thistle will be hoping he's part of their bench but the rest haven't done much or contributed much through out the season or haven't adapted to step up like Nicol, comerford etc...

I get people now is anxious about can we afford things under dick or even the board to be on same hymn sheet as the manager and his coaching team but surely if we want be successful as a club you need to back this and also get onboard sponsors given we have a commercial team it will be there job to attract and I have no doubt they will than given the budget to the previous manager no disrespect greig will be a legend in my time following east fife from the 2000s onwards but...plus be a big bonus for the board in summer get the pricing right for all to get more fans back to the club and through the turnstiles but we have been £18 for two seasons surely we need everyone have same vision and get more people back despite in recent seasons we've lost board members in the past, relegation to league 2, covid pandemic that happen and the living costs going up surely third time lucky and see if £18 is right or it's time to rethink who knows but thought I see what everyone else is thinking here.

I know it's also early days we could still make the play offs if we win all two or three matches and could go up (play offs) and manager waiting see yet what division we are in next season but whatever league we are in we will have a better transport for visiting fans giving the return of the long awaiting rail link to the town/swimming pool area so next season east fife will be a place to visit I'm sure among fans using the railway to the ground even for ourselves if we end up playing the rovers or dunfermline away I'm sure.

Going back to coaching staff we do need a goalkeeper coach in pronto aswell to join the gang, unless Fleming next step is that man? Who knows but all teams have goalie coach and it's good we have dick, John, Ian and Stuart but we need a goalie coach given the goalies we got is what missing as well. I'm sure all areas will be discussed and viewed by everyone.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Sure Dick mentioned last week at his inaugural Live Lounge speech that he is looking at bringing Rab Douglas in as Goalkeeping Coach!!!

16 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Sure Dick mentioned last week at his inaugural Live Lounge speech that he is looking at bringing Rab Douglas in as Goalkeeping Coach!!!

That be a positive step in adding one more addition to the already coaching team we have at the football club. Rab does come with experience and has worked with this lot at dick previous club and is a well known goalkeeper. No offense to previous team but a freshness was needed in coaching department and to team in training despite the blimp we suffered v Bonnyrigg last Saturday (not the first team we struggled with Bonnyrigg) but I'm sure everyone excited about next season than under previous managers. Greg still a legend with me and others but whatever league we are in if it's league 2 I'm sure dick knows the best get the club back up the table.

Thanks for the update KK I wasn't at the live lounge.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Now that the seasons done and dusted for us really, who we keeping for next year? I think (and probably hope) that we'll see a decent turn over in the squad. As far as I'm aware, Fash, Docherty and Healy are the only ones still on the books - not sure if anyone knows otherwise?

Otherwise, I'd probably keep Fleming for another season unless Dick has an improvement lined up - he's not perfect but not easy to find a decent keeper. Newton, Walls, McManus as well - Trouten has perhaps played his way into another year after a disappointing start to the season and I think Shepherd will depend on who the Campbells can bring in. Otherwise I wouldn't be overly inclined to keep the rest. 

Edited by Big Fifer