The East Fife Thread

In terms of available strikers I wonder if their would be any chance of getting Dario Zanetta in on loan from Hearts as he impressed me when I saw him with Queen's Park last season. Regarding full backs I know Ryan Williamson at Dunfermline has a year left on his contract but as a local lad if he isn't going to feature much at East End this coming season a deal might be possible, Aaron Comrie may need to go out on loan from St Johnstone again this season and could fill in at left back, I really liked Jordan lowdon when I saw him with Arbroath at left back the 15/16 season but I think he signed up until next summer with Clyde. I see Albion Rovers signed the goalkeeper Bowman from Stenhousemuir which is a pity however, with Alan Mannus and zander Clark signed up for this season I wonder if their is any chance of Hursty coming back.

8 minutes ago, Mefil81 said:

In terms of available strikers I wonder if their would be any chance of getting Dario Zanetta in on loan from Hearts as he impressed me when I saw him with Queen's Park last season. Regarding full backs I know Ryan Williamson at Dunfermline has a year left on his contract but as a local lad if he isn't going to feature much at East End this coming season a deal might be possible, Aaron Comrie may need to go out on loan from St Johnstone again this season and could fill in at left back, I really liked Jordan lowdon when I saw him with Arbroath at left back the 15/16 season but I think he signed up until next summer with Clyde. I see Albion Rovers signed the goalkeeper Bowman from Stenhousemuir which is a pity however, with Alan Mannus and zander Clark signed up for this season I wonder if their is any chance of Hursty coming back.

I'd be surprised to see any of last seasons loanees returning, especially Kerr and Hurst who I think will want to prove themselves at Championship level now.

Goalkeeper Chris Smith still seems avalible after leaving stirling he could be an option he was league 2 keeper of the year last year

As for a striker Greg Spence is still free but can we afford we or will he go full time

Chris smith was the only keeper I could think of who we could actually get, no chance with spence though reckon he'd be on a wage we couldn't afford at Alloa and supposedly signing for raith.

Other options could be Dale Hilson released by qos was decent at this level at forfar before that and also Liam Buchanan wants into coaching could be option for player/assistant manager or player/coach role would be a great way for him to start

Other options could be Dale Hilson released by qos was decent at this level at forfar before that and also Liam Buchanan wants into coaching could be option for player/assistant manager or player/coach role would be a great way for him to start

If Liam buchanan doesn't stay full time we would be a good option for him travel wise as we train in Edinburgh and I'm sure he lives there. Dean Brett maybe worth a shot.

Almost the perfect draw for us from a financial point of view. Needed Hearts away as Bayview's current capacity wouldn't accommodate the crowd and we avoided the potential midweek donkey-treks to Elgin and Peterhead. Delighted with that...

also Liam Buchanan wants into coaching could be option for player/assistant manager or player/coach role would be a great way for him to start

If Liam buchanan doesn't stay full time we would be a good option for him travel wise as we train in Edinburgh and I'm sure he lives there. Dean Brett maybe worth a shot.

We're apparently in talks with Buchanan as well but I wasn't aware that he wants to move into a coaching role now as well..

Where have you heard this?

David Hopkin said on alba in the play-off final that they offered him a deal but he is doing his coaching badges and may be looking to get into coaching sooner rather that later

Ahh right, might be the stumbling block for us, as we've just promoted 2 players to player/coach roles last week then.

The government has an aircraft carrier with no planes to put on it. East Fife know they will be playing with a Mitre football and not enough players to kick the f'n thing!!!  Is there a comparison here.

The government has an aircraft carrier with no planes to put on it. East Fife know they will be playing with a Mitre football and not enough players to kick the f'n thing!!!  Is there a comparison here.

We have 12 players signed up and it's only the 6th of June!! The competitive season starts on the 15th of July, plenty time for Darren to sign players and have a look at potential targets. Just got to be patient!!