Confederations Cup 2013

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually begin the game wanting the underdog to win but, after 5 minutes or so, I always begin to root for Spain. Absolutely sublime to watch. I'm hypnotised. Don't understand any criticism of their playing style.

There was maybe a 5 minute period in which Uruguay made a bit of forward progress, but nothing more than that. When opposition teams change the pace of play to suit their own style, Spain sometimes seem to struggle with it at first. It doesn't take them long to adapt, however. We are watching one of the greatest teams of all-time here.

Problem is - these are ridiculous lies the gullible have lapped up from the media.

I'm asking for specific games he's had "poor work rate" and presumably you have some facts to back it up?

What facts could I possibly look up to prove he had a poor work rate?

My recollection of his stint at City, in between his moments of brilliance, is of him, as I say, sulking about the pitch.

To counteract your question, have you have any evidence to support your argument that he had a decent workrate?

It's all about perspective.

Spain really are a different level to any other international team, I can t see past them fronthe World Cup next year either, there is always the issue of European teams winning in South America but I don't see it being an issue for this side!

An absolute joy to watch, I've even out aside my hatred of busquets!

What facts could I possibly look up to prove he had a poor work rate?

My recollection of his stint at City, in between his moments of brilliance, is of him, as I say, sulking about the pitch.

To counteract your question, have you have any evidence to support your argument that he had a decent workrate?

It's all about perspective.

His distance covered during a match?

Except that didn't happen, working hard was a big part of his game. Especially as a support striker, he was absolutely exceptional against Man Utd and his work rate was a significant part of that. The idea that he's lazy - hilarious given what a great athlete he is - is a media borne myth that you have fallen hook, line and sinker for.

Do I have any evidence? Oh absolutely. Tonight's game is a great example, as is the FA Cup final, as was his great scoring streak towards the end of his second last season. Work rate has always been a big part of Balotellis game, he works hard on the pitch and extremely hard in training. His physique is phenomenal, and is borne out of lots of hard work. To see fat c***s like Jonathan Pearce calling him lazy was hilarious.

Yeah, you have a perspective. Swallowing whatever shit the guys on the telly feed you. Like a typical football fan, in many ways.

That was unreal, Spain somehow seem to be getting better. No wonder Brazil, famously one of the most arrogant countries in football (ever), are shitting themselves. Be interesting to see how they deal with Tahiti though, it's not an easy game if they approach it the wrong way

So the best footballing nation ever is also the most arrogant?

Shame, I hoped it'd be Finland or something :unsure:

If the Spain players turn up drunk they will still trounce Tahiti, it is in no way a difficult tie.

Archived