The Universe

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If this works I'll be fucking gobsmacked. Just trying is amazing. Lift off attempt at 6.30 on Space X youtube channel.

Seems like an awful lot of effort just to fly a mannequin in a spacesuit driving a car into space. 

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Seems like an awful lot of effort just to fly a mannequin in a spacesuit driving a car into space. 

It's just a test launch that is costing about £90 million, might as well have some fun with it. 

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's just a test launch that is costing about £90 million, might as well have some fun with it. 

That passenger seat is going to waste. Couldn't they have fired Katie Hopkins or Cockwomble or somebody in there?

Just now, Dee Man said:

That passenger seat is going to waste. Couldn't they have fired Katie Hopkins or Cockwomble or somebody in there?

I'm waiting for them to announce that Elon Musk has terminal cancer and sneaked into the space suit.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Hold on, I've just found out this is an actual thing. I thought it was just some quirky addition to the video. What?

Genuinely emotional watching that.

I will freely admit I have a degree in Astronomy, but have not paid much attention to this Musk geezer and his madcap schemes. Been more interested in Philae, New Horizons, Curiosity etc.

Seeing those things right there come back down and land safely - wonderful.

21 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Genuinely emotional watching that.

I will freely admit I have a degree in Astronomy, but have not paid much attention to this Musk geezer and his madcap schemes. Been more interested in Philae, New Horizons, Curiosity etc.

Seeing those things right there come back down and land safely - wonderful.

There's total silence on the return of the central rocket, camera cut out as it was due to land. Otherwise an unbelievably successful test. And the thought of that car roaming through space for the next billion years with Bowie on a loop....  I wonder how long a Tesla battery lasts if it's just running the sound system?

Edited by welshbairn