Reasons to be Cheerful

30 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

As long as everything goes to plan and the build completes without a major delay, I’ll be a home owner (in London!) just before I turn 30.

Feels like such a big personal milestone as it looked agonisingly close but just not quite possible for quite a few years. A bit of parental help got me over the line but quite proud of how disciplined I’ve been at saving the last three years for the vast majority of the deposit.

Feels good to commit to putting roots down and the place is a proper two bed so it’s a proper home rather than just a glorified bedsit/studio. And I’ve got a solid enough plan to buy out most of the Government equity loan further down the line too, so I’m not going to be stranded unless literally millions of other home owners are in trouble.

If you’d told me five years ago I’d be where I am now I wouldn’t have believed you. The plans I had for myself back then were so different and I’m kind of glad my path has been pushed in a different direction along the way.

Genuine question, I really don't want to piss on your chips.

Is this endeavour freehold or leasehold?

7 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Genuine question, I really don't want to piss on your chips.

Is this endeavour freehold or leasehold?

999 year leasehold with peppercorn ground rent (Help to Buy rules on ground rents for new builds are tightening up in England from April) and a (relatively low for London) service charge. So leasehold but just about the best type of leasehold short of a genuine commonhold.

In fact the service charge isn’t really that much more than what my parents pay for their factor fee in the block of flats they live in in Glasgow so grander scheme of things pretty happy with the arrangement.

6 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

It’s snowing and lying. Plus it is making that lovely crunching noise when you walk on it.

The excitement never fades.

I'm now 54, and got excited today 'cos I was taking a bunch of dogs to a big, open space, knowing we were all gonna have a blast in the lying snow.

Looking even better for tomorrow tae!

I bought (paid a small fuckin fortune for) cross country skis, boots and poles three years ago. Finally getting to use them. 

Ya dancer.

Echoing Barnardo's point but this has been a cracking winter. Frosty as f**k and a good helping of snow. Superb stuff.

11 hours ago, velo army said:

I bought (paid a small fuckin fortune for) cross country skis, boots and poles three years ago. Finally getting to use them. 

Ya dancer.

Echoing Barnardo's point but this has been a cracking winter. Frosty as f**k and a good helping of snow. Superb stuff.

People who ski normally are bad enough but the likes of you are the worst. Except for the clown on the news snowboarding down the pavement. Cheese wire at neck height would sort him.

41 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

People who ski normally are bad enough but the likes of you are the worst. Except for the clown on the news snowboarding down the pavement. Cheese wire at neck height would sort him.

People who ski normally make an absolute mess of mountains by necessitating the construction of lifts and apres ski pish. The likes of me make beautiful patterns on erstwhile unused snowy golf courses and the occasional snowy forest track. Snow boarders are as bad as the skiers for the same reason. My way is simply a beautiful and graceful way of getting about 😎.

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

People who ski normally make an absolute mess of mountains by necessitating the construction of lifts and apres ski pish. The likes of me make beautiful patterns on erstwhile unused snowy golf courses and the occasional snowy forest track. Snow boarders are as bad as the skiers for the same reason. My way is simply a beautiful and graceful way of getting about 😎.

Bollocks, you're a pain in the hole.

Let's not forget that if we had put middle class skiing weirdos in a gulag where they belong in the first place then we wouldn't have Covid and the football/pubs would have been on for the past year. 

Retrospective gulaging seems like the only correct response.