Reasons to be Cheerful

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Still no invite to one of the Prof's timeshares ?

Au Contraire - he offered me the use of it earlier in the year. I think the week was in May but I couldn't do it then. I think he gave it to one of his mates in the end. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Au Contraire - he offered me the use of it earlier in the year. I think the week was in May but I couldn't do it then. I think he gave it to one of his mates in the end. 

That's a pity. The Prof's stature steadily improving at St. Custard's University, then ?

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

That's a pity. The Prof's stature steadily improving at St. Custard's University, then ?

With me, yes. We've been getting on really well for a while now.

I've realised that when the management come up with some new wheeze of an idea that inevitably means more work for us, the person to turn to is our most senior colleague. He's more capable than anyone of going into a meeting determined to push back on extra work and get his way. I've asked him a couple of times to deputise for me knowing this was what would happen. No amount of pressure works on him. He cannot be reasoned with. It's great. 

20 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Christmas holidays sorted out now. My last working day is Thursday 21st December, going back on Tuesday 9th January. 18 solid days off. 

12 of these 18 days I'll be on my own with the beers, big TV for watching football, and spicy curries. 

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

So as per an announcement today at the Hamilton Accies game, I've decided at nearly 42 years old it's time to grow up and get engaged. 

Hide contents

aka finally found a woman to put up with all my pish 

Engaged ? Didn't even realise that folk still did this..............and at 42 y.o. ?

Stop fvcking about, make an honest woman of your beloved.