Reasons to be Cheerful

On 09/01/2023 at 17:16, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Absolutely delighted, near orgasmic to hear all the posh skiing c***s moaning that there's no snow.

Fucking right roon ye's.

On 09/01/2023 at 17:30, Molotov said:

Those rich b*****ds just decide to “manufacture” artificial snow which only compounds the problem of climate change. 

bas tards!

On 09/01/2023 at 17:33, Melanius Mullarkay said:

f**k em. Anything that inconveniences the apre ski c***s is fine with me. 

@The_Kincardine look at it, just look at these peasants.

Hope you had a great holiday.😏 

Phone call yesterday to offer me a new job, email yesterday to say I’ve got a back dated pay rise going to back to April to get from my previous job and off to Glasgow for a day of scran and pints. 

6 hours ago, Aidan said:

Phone call yesterday to offer me a new job, email yesterday to say I’ve got a back dated pay rise going to back to April to get from my previous job and off to Glasgow for a day of scran and pints. 

Be fair, the good luck had to end sometime.

Was contacted by a funding council at the start of the week. They're having an underspend, and have asked if I can spend money fast. Sure, I said. 

The caveats are that it must be on scientific equipment. Each item must cost a minimum of £10k. Must be delivered by end of March. 

Spent three days phoning up suppliers. It's like Brewster's Millions. I'm buying stuff I've never even heard of, never mind used. So far I am at ~£166k, with a further 5 quotes to come in. 

The timescale means I can't get the really big/cool stuff I would like. But still...new toys. 

On 17/01/2023 at 09:20, Hedgecutter said:

Watching a non-tech savvy twisted firefarter of a colleague lose their sh*t over a flipped upside-down computer screen, having left it unlocked and unattended.

... or when you screen shot the desktop, put all the desktop files, folders, etc into one folder and hide that at the side of the screen, then set the screenshot as the desktop wallpaper. Watching them trying to click on a picture of a desktop file never tires.

30 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Was contacted by a funding council at the start of the week. They're having an underspend, and have asked if I can spend money fast. Sure, I said. 

The caveats are that it must be on scientific equipment. Each item must cost a minimum of £10k. Must be delivered by end of March. 

Spent three days phoning up suppliers. It's like Brewster's Millions. I'm buying stuff I've never even heard of, never mind used. So far I am at ~£166k, with a further 5 quotes to come in. 

The timescale means I can't get the really big/cool stuff I would like. But still...new toys. 

^^^^^

Ordered a Steely Dan.

RENTAL MOTOR JOGJA: August 2013

44 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

ELE instruments have January sale on sex dungeons.

Well they call them “Environmental Test Chambers” but we all know what that means.

52 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I like the idea of highlighting the idiotic public spending of your employer and its partners, especially when everyone knows where you work.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

IllegalIdenticalLeafbird.webp.2e3fde455caa3aa98183c23991d8fd53.webp

51 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I like the idea of highlighting the idiotic public spending of your employer and its partners, especially when everyone knows where you work.

Hey, it isn't me or my employer that's the problem here. It's the research council!

A mate suggested I get a "mastersizer". I thought he was taking the piss, trying to get me to google some random naughty shit - but no. It is a real thing. 

Spoiler

i_110714_063_m3kBROCHURE_w_MV_Original%2

Hits stuff with a laser. Tells you how big it was before the laser destroyed it.