Reasons to be Cheerful

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

2 hours, 7 minutes to go until my summer holiday starts.

Excellent. Where are you and The Prof going?

• 2 weeks later...

After having a shite time of things over the last week or so I'm on the mend and spent the afternoon in the Academical Vaults in Hamilton.

All is right with the world.

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

After having a shite time of things over the last week or so I'm on the mend and spent the afternoon in the Academical Vaults in Hamilton.

Best pint of Tennents in Hamilton so a fine choice for a connoisseur like yourself 

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

The one reason I miss Hamilton being in the top league.

"Culture Day" at the kids'school today. They encourage the kids to wear something from their culture and spend all day doing fun stuff to celebrate the diversity. 

Must have seen about 20 different national flags, and even more different styles of dress. Silks and sparkly bits from south asia, fancy stitching from east europe, bold primary colour prints from Africa, even the locals with their 19th century peasant outfits looked smart. 

Great to see. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

"Culture Day" at the kids'school today. They encourage the kids to wear something from their culture and spend all day doing fun stuff to celebrate the diversity. 

Must have seen about 20 different national flags, and even more different styles of dress. Silks and sparkly bits from south asia, fancy stitching from east europe, bold primary colour prints from Africa, even the locals with their 19th century peasant outfits looked smart. 

Great to see. 

^^^ Definitely doesn’t live in Florida.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Great to see. 

This just in from a Glasgow school:

Shortsighted Celtic Fans Gloat as Rangers Edge Closer to ...

I've always been interested in native marine wildlife and over the years we've been really lucky with sightings of whales, dolphins, seals and such. 

Finally managed to see and photograph the last two remaining west coast orca whales today. Basically the holy grail of marine life sightings for cetacean geeks like me.

These two range around everywhere between the hebrides and Ireland but are the last remaining members of their pod. I'd resigned myself to the fact they are two very small needles in a massive haystack, they are both elderly, one isn't looking in the best of condition, and it was unlikely I'd be lucky enough to get a sighting.

Well the planets did align today that's for sure.

20240721_172313.jpg

56 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I've always been interested in native marine wildlife and over the years we've been really lucky with sightings of whales, dolphins, seals and such. 

Finally managed to see and photograph the last two remaining west coast orca whales today. Basically the holy grail of marine life sightings for cetacean geeks like me.

These two range around everywhere between the hebrides and Ireland but are the last remaining members of their pod. I'd resigned myself to the fact they are two very small needles in a massive haystack, they are both elderly, one isn't looking in the best of condition, and it was unlikely I'd be lucky enough to get a sighting.

Well the planets did align today that's for sure.

20240721_172313.jpg

Are they called George and Gracie?

Star Trek IV's Best Character Was Dr. Gillian Taylor

On 19/07/2024 at 12:53, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This just in from a Glasgow school:

Shortsighted Celtic Fans Gloat as Rangers Edge Closer to ...

Over the meadow and through the woods......

16 hours ago, Rizzo said:

After my post yesterday and a hastily booked boat trip, I one-upped myself.

JC_A002.JPG

Absolutely jealous. Seen orcas at Loro park and feel conflicted about watching it, despite how clever and agile they are, but to see them out in the wild must be amazing.

3 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Absolutely jealous. Seen orcas at Loro park and feel conflicted about watching it, despite how clever and agile they are, but to see them out in the wild must be amazing.

Not if you're a seal trying to have a kip on an ice floe.

orca.gif.b9154557e197f6dbdd13922a20d311ca.gif

Edited by Florentine_Pogen