Reasons to be Cheerful

FFS! You cock! :lol:

Only a complete fukwit would go out fishing in the sea in this current weather, which is kinda what I was getting at with my original question.

Think the weather in Oz is a bit different from ours just now.

Where about?

All down the east coast, sadly never ventured to the west, south or Northern territories despite being there a year! Its hard to see around and go everywhere you want as the country is so big and expensive!!

I'm booked up for later on this year. Going to stay with some of the other halves relatives in Sydney and in Melbourne.

You on working holiday visa or just visiting?

Sydney was my fav but most people i know prefer Melbourne. Didn't find any decent work anywhere other than Sydney though

Top man! Where you going in Thailand?

Nothing confirmed as of yet. The plan is a couple of nights in Bangkok, then head down to Phuket, phi phi, Samui, Phangan then Pattaya.

I have been to Thailand

So have I M8

Edited by MONKMAN

Good and bad i suppose - i still think we have it better in Scotland

I stayed in a place called Falcon, WA, south of Perth, I found some of the things there to be truly outstanding, and some of the things were like something straight out of a hillbilly movie. The place was all over the shop.

I stayed in a place called Falcon, WA, south of Perth, I found some of the things there to be truly outstanding, and some of the things were like something straight out of a hillbilly movie. The place was all over the shop.

I went to few places like that, i stuck to the east though and never got to perth, was about 450 dollars for a flight there and couldn't justify going!!

I wasn't too fond of the people there, not the Ozzies as such but there were so many dick head back packers, mostly English and a lot of Irish morons as well

Amazing scenery and weather but not perfect by any means and i can't say i miss it

I went to few places like that, i stuck to the east though and never got to perth, was about 450 dollars for a flight there and couldn't justify going!!

I wasn't too fond of the people there, not the Ozzies as such but there were so many dick head back packers, mostly English and a lot of Irish morons as well

Amazing scenery and weather but not perfect by any means and i can't say i miss it

Yeah agree with all that, I just couldn't stay there. Would love to go back for a holiday. We did a ridiculous amount tbf when we were there I didn't appreciate it at the time but my parents took us right up and down that Coast seeing everything of note. The Ozzies were fine, I got sick fed up of being called a POM though.

Yeah agree with all that, I just couldn't stay there. Would love to go back for a holiday. We did a ridiculous amount tbf when we were there I didn't appreciate it at the time but my parents took us right up and down that Coast seeing everything of note. The Ozzies were fine, I got sick fed up of being called a POM though.

Me too - i missed the football a lot and obviously just the Scottish culture and banter. Australia really is out there on its own as well everything else is a long flight away where as we have Europe on our doorstep and a great country of our own. Oz is just like the uk just with the heat cranked up, a lot of dangerous animals and pretty much isolated from any other country. Not for me

Oz is just like the uk just with the heat cranked up, a lot of dangerous animals and pretty much isolated from any other country. Not for me

My impression too from visiting Earls Court in London once. If I was going all that way I'd want something more different, like Vietnam or Japan.

My impression too from visiting Earls Court in London once. If I was going all that way I'd want something more different, like Vietnam or Japan.

I went to Vietnam on the way back and it was one of the best places i have ever been and very cheap - Didn't go to Japan but went to Hong Kong which was also amazing.