Reasons to be Cheerful

I gave in and bought the MacBook last night. I'm giddy.

Make sure you get a decent warranty/insurance period on it. Mine has been excellent when it's working but the hardware keeps going, I've had two hard drive cables, two chargers and the scroll wheel fixed or replaced so far in two and a half years.

Make sure you get a decent warranty/insurance period on it. Mine has been excellent when it's working but the hardware keeps going, I've had two hard drive cables, two chargers and the scroll wheel fixed or replaced so far in two and a half years.

Did you take out the protection plan when you bought it? The protection plan for the Air is £200 :lol:

I'm buying straight from Apple so I'm getting a years worth of warranty straight off the bat.

Hopefully I don't run into any issues; I've had my current laptop for 6 years now, without any major breakages or issues. Just hope this has the same sort of longevity!

Edited by DonnieDarko

I'd consider getting an apple laptop, if they weren't so overpriced. And didn't have that gimpy apple on the cover. And weren't made by apple.

I'm just anti-apple, apparently they're computers are quite good though.

I'd consider getting an apple laptop, if they weren't so overpriced. And didn't have that gimpy apple on the cover. And weren't made by apple.

I'm just anti-apple, apparently they're computers are quite good though.

I was the exact same until about 4 months ago.

Switched over from having a Samsung Phone (I had every iteration of the Galaxy smartphone until the S4) to having an iPhone 5S, and from having that it's convinced me to trust the quality of their products. I've went into the StormFront store in Dundee to play around with the MacBook laptops and they are just brilliant. Yeah, they come at a premium price but I think they may be worth it.

I was the exact same until about 4 months ago.

Switched over from having a Samsung Phone (I had every iteration of the Galaxy smartphone until the S4) to having an iPhone 5S, and from having that it's convinced me to trust the quality of their products. I've went into the StormFront store in Dundee to play around with the MacBook laptops and they are just brilliant. Yeah, they come at a premium price but I think they may be worth it.

I went the other way. I went from always having an iphone to getting the Galaxy S4 last year. No turning back. f**k apple.

Did you take out the protection plan when you bought it? The protection plan for the Air is £200 :lol:

I'm buying straight from Apple so I'm getting a years worth of warranty straight off the bat.

Hopefully I don't run into any issues; I've had my current laptop for 6 years now, without any major breakages or issues. Just hope this has the same sort of longevity!

Did you get it from the Apple store? Students can get an additional two years warranty for £48 or something, You still need to pay 5p for a bag though, and no discount on that.

My last laptop was a Dell and I loved it, but I've played on my friends MacBooks before and they're just so lovely. I'd never get an iPhone though, Samsung all the way. I'd never get used to not having the back button on the bottom right.

Did you get it from the Apple store? Students can get an additional two years warranty for £48 or something, You still need to pay 5p for a bag though, and no discount on that.

My last laptop was a Dell and I loved it, but I've played on my friends MacBooks before and they're just so lovely. I'd never get an iPhone though, Samsung all the way. I'd never get used to not having the back button on the bottom right.

Yeah the online apple store. I noticed that the £200 figure for the protection plan was without student discount, so I may look to buy it in the future with the discount.

Yeah the online apple store. I noticed that the £200 figure for the protection plan was without student discount, so I may look to buy it in the future with the discount.

Did you do it through UniDays? I was going to do that but just went into the shop. I don't know if this was just a special because I bought it in-store, but it's worth finding out.

When I get paid next Friday it will be the 1st proper time I've been out my overdraught since I was 18. Been out of it before but always had things to pay straight after. Going to every Scotland away day plus 1/2 holidays a year plus weekend trips has absolutely rinsed me the past 4 year.

Gonna feel amazing knowing that I'll be out of it and will have nothing needing paid for afterwards. :)

When I get paid next Friday it will be the 1st proper time I've been out my overdraught since I was 18. Been out of it before but always had things to pay straight after. Going to every Scotland away day plus 1/2 holidays a year plus weekend trips has absolutely rinsed me the past 4 year.

Gonna feel amazing knowing that I'll be out of it and will have nothing needing paid for afterwards. :)

You can finally get that season book at Parkhead.

Did you do it through UniDays? I was going to do that but just went into the shop. I don't know if this was just a special because I bought it in-store, but it's worth finding out.

Yeah, had to get my student status verified by UniDays. I'll have a look anyway, thanks for the heads-up.

I am also just starting to get out of my overdraft aswell after about 2 years of being in and out of it , it's glorious looking at your account at the end of the month and not seeing the - sign just before pay day . Edited by forever_blue

I am also just starting to get out of my overdraft aswell after about 2 years of being in and out of it , it's glorious looking at your account at the end of the month and not seeing the - sign just before pay day .

Can't wait. I've been as low as -£2000 and I was still booking trips up at that point, fucking stupid. Supposed to be getting the wages up to a proper good adult amount instead of the apprentice/technician shite for the 1st time soon too. Should hopefully after a quiet year find my savings to be very healthy come December leaving me a good flat deposit pot. The thought of that is keeping me in on a Saturday night. It's gid.