Reasons to be Cheerful

Me and my girlfriend were both angel children so there's no chance our kids will ever wake us up in the middle of the night.

That might well be the case.

But your social life will change irreversibly. You will sit together and wonder what life was like before your wean.

That might well be the case.

But your social life will change irreversibly. You will sit together and wonder what life was like before your wean.

I don't have a social life anyway, people on P&B are the only friends I have.

Went for a walk and decided to get a train to take me a bit further afield improving my overall walking experience. Guy in the station didn't have any change and neither did I, so he told me just to see the conductor.

I get on the train and the conductor didn't have any change either, so with a glorious wee smile she tells me I'm getting a ride for nothing.

5 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Went for a walk and decided to get a train to take me a bit further afield improving my overall walking experience. Guy in the station didn't have any change and neither did I, so he told me just to see the conductor.

I get on the train and the conductor didn't have any change either, so with a glorious wee smile she tells me I'm getting a ride for nothing.

Jeezo, did you not get enough exercise with the walk?

It's my son's first birthday today and so my older 2 had some friends round for a wee party at the house.

One particularly evil little shit that tends to cause trouble in an empty room was reduced to a snottering mess because she left her birthday cake outside and it was swiftly eaten by a group of seagulls.

Seagulls are good c***s.

Told my manager I've got a job interview next week and she said what can we do to make you stay. (Barring pay increases obviously)

Don't know where you work but if they can't offer you more money they don't have much to offer surely? Unless you push for an extra day off each week for the same money.

Don't know where you work but if they can't offer you more money they don't have much to offer surely? Unless you push for an extra day off each week for the same money.

Travel is the real issue, 66 mile round trip so she offered to clump shifts together to cut down travel but it would only be a verbal agreement. If a new manager came in I could be back to square one. It's a big company with a pay structure so there's nothing she could offer if she wanted to.