Reasons to be Cheerful

Was telling the bairn this morning about an old pal from primary school (he was the goalie in the school team) who was killed about 20 year ago when his motorbike hit a runaway horse. I couldnt remember when it was exactly so I did  quick google and brought up a mention of him in this story in the P&J.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/moray/elgin/1230341/ruby-anniversary-couple-donated-cash-to-keirans-family/

Had a chortle at the line "Robert Farquhar, known as “Bellsy”, died aged 26 when his motorcycle collided with a runaway horse between Elgin and Rothes in 1998" given the fact that his nickname (Bell) was given to him at school due to the fact that he had to go into hospital to get circumcised and when he got back to school, whipped the old johnson out in the playground for all to see.  Simpler times.

#rip Bell.

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Was telling the bairn this morning about an old pal from primary school (he was the goalie in the school team) who was killed about 20 year ago when his motorbike hit a runaway horse. I couldnt remember when it was exactly so I did  quick google and brought up a mention of him in this story in the P&J.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/moray/elgin/1230341/ruby-anniversary-couple-donated-cash-to-keirans-family/

Had a chortle at the line "Robert Farquhar, known as “Bellsy”, died aged 26 when his motorcycle collided with a runaway horse between Elgin and Rothes in 1998" given the fact that his nickname (Bell) was given to him at school due to the fact that he had to go into hospital to get circumcised and when he got back to school, whipped the old johnson out in the playground for all to see.  Simpler times.

#rip Bell.

I often regaled the wee ones with tales of tragic, horrific accidents.

52 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

#rip Bell.

Wasn't this an Irvine Welsh novel? 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

#rip Bell.

Had a similar friend at school who's nickname to this day is Sax, not due to his love of Jazz but more to do with the fact that when he was in first year he was off for two weeks to get a growth removed from his bollocks.

59 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Wasn't this an Irvine Welsh novel? 

"Kingdom Of Fife" the boy was on a motorbike and got hit by a twisted over road sign and was decapitated.

8 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Had a similar friend at school who's nickname to this day is Sax, not due to his love of Jazz but more to do with the fact that when he was in first year he was off for two weeks to get a growth removed from his bollocks.

Hibernian v Celtic - Page 15 - Scottish Premiership General Chatter - The  Pie Shop

Ouch.

On 08/10/2020 at 15:13, Bairnardo said:

Bottled 34 bottles of homemade Helles lager today, tasted class right out of the fermenter. Very very high hopes for this one.

Wee Nippy willny be taking ma bevy aff me!!!×@!!! emoji123.png etc

Doing pubs out of business type post.

22 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Safari Park today and not only did I see that big hiding b*****d Tiger up close but I also seen they big sleeping b*****d lions running about doing lion stuff.

Was there today too. Did not see the tiger. The lions were cool.

Seen the da eating a pumpkin for some reason, then the maw and da having a wee play fight, then the maw pishing all over the da's bed. 

Also seen the Bairn (lion, not mine) doing a massive shite. All in all a proper result in the Lion reserve. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Safari Park today and not only did I see that big hiding b*****d Tiger up close but I also seen they big sleeping b*****d lions running about doing lion stuff.

The tiger was having a grand old time when I was last there (that or it had been shot):

image.png.b76aa5eda66b9794371c7e84833b513e.png

although I was somewhat suspicious of the ZSS's so-called expertise:

image.png.2da46669c6c1f4819d1174d4189bf509.png

My favourite though:

image.png.2cea987f8a01b6db13d9874c39585b21.png

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The tiger was having a grand old time when I was last there (that or it had been shot):

image.png.b76aa5eda66b9794371c7e84833b513e.png

Although I was somewhat suspicious of the ZSS's so-called expertise:

image.png.2da46669c6c1f4819d1174d4189bf509.png

Puts me in the mood for some Shetland pony chops or crispy Shetland pony belly.