NFL Fantasy Breakaway League 13/14

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgons MVP - by a mile marshawn lynch well worth a first round pick. Notable mention for Frank Gore who does his best but is held back by playing alongside the imposter at qb.RB has been a real area of strength this year.

Bust - Danny amendola. Harsh perhaps as even worse players than him have been cut so I blame myself for persisting and keeping him a full season. I knew there would be injuries but even when healthy he has dropped way down the chart of pats receiving options.my WR picks have been abysmal this year and next year I might look to pick one up in 1 or 2 next season as the high end players have been matching RBs all the way.

Biggest frustration -Gronk. When did he come back 8 or 9? A superstar since though which just shows what I was missing. If he is fit at start of next year he has to go in 3 or 4.

Worst cut - cutting Keenan Allen for hankerson after round 1 was terrible on reflection. Also Leveon bell came onto a game but with my strength at RB he would never pled.

Worst cut ... Leveon bell came onto a game but with my strength at RB he would never pled.

I was delighted with that trade. I needed an RB after after I traded McCoy away. He's not the greatest but he get's so many snaps he's a fairly consistent points scorer.

Buttfumble MVP - Cam Newton, I knew I landed a steal with the 40th pick. He has averaged 19 points a week and he has put in some great performances that has pushed me over the line when other positions have let me down.

Bust - Marques Colston, considering I could have taken Wes Welker, Andre Johnson (admittedly I already had 2 players on Bye weeks), victor Cruz, Torrey Smith or Jordy Nelson. This was a massive bust. He didn't score a touch down in one of the leagues best offences or even get many receptions. Week after I relesed him he had a big game

Biggest Frustration - Chris Johnson - He was either brutal or was brilliant I lost faith in him and foolishly traded for Hakeem Nicks. The next few weeks he started looking like the player I drafted as Arian Foster got hurt, Ridley started fumbling and S - Jax turned out to be pish. Special mention to Stevan Ridley's fumbling which cost me two matchups that I'd like to think i could have snuck in the playoffs with a mediocre team but he was pretty good and I'd trade for him a million more times.

Worst Cut, I got lucky and managed pick Alshon Jeffrey back before anyone noticed. so probably not keeping Joique Bell and having faith in Ridley and S-Jax

Only Fools And Broncos

MVP : Megatron - Consistent high points from him and gave me great value from my first rounder.

Bust : A sign of a good season being that my biggest bust was using an 8th rounder on Ahmed Bradshaw and him getting injured.

Sleeper : Getting Julius Thomas in the 13th round was an absolute steal.

Gordon Gophers

MVP - Probably AJ Green took him in the 2nd round and he's put up solid points nearly every week

Biggest Bust - Ray Rice he's been shite pretty much all season bar maybe 2 weeks, Nicks was poor as well but I trade him for Chris Johnson who has been decent.

Best waiver pick up is probably Keenan Allen.

MVPs AP, Jordy Nelson, Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham, Demaryius Thomas

Bust? Moved most of them on. I guess picking up Marvin Jones, benching him prior to a 4 TD career game. Was meh after that.. Also taking Hillman and Bell, at least I ditched them and brought in Knowshown ;)

Best pick up? KC D-Fence

Play-off sleepers? Michael Floyd and Verneen.

It's sad that my squad is probably in the best shape since before Arian Foster went down now everyone is hitting form. Hopefully we can win the consolation which would be a nice token victory you could even say a consolation ;) .

Got a tough semi-final. 0-2 against O.F&Broncos. Doesn't help that AP is out but he's due an off day against the Wiz ;)

Are the four semi-finalists promoted to the big league next season?

Just having a look out of boredom of whenever my team played at prime time, I'm ot a big fan of Sunday nights now

TNF - Meh. Highlight - Cam Newton 27 points, Lowpoints(s) - Alshon Jeffrey and Eric Decker 4.2 points (Special Mention to Maurice Jones Drew for getting injured in a Thursday game during my bye week)

SNF - Poor. Highpoint - Eric Decker 21 points, Lowpoint - Stevan Ridley -0.6 points

MNF - Pretty Good unless you're a kicker - Highpoint Cam Newton 26.5 points , Lowpoints - Kai Forbath, Garrett Hartley 1 Point

So the final is between myself and Mo’s Broncos.

I lost the earlier matchup quite comprehensively 92.22 – 67.10. Hopefully it will be closer this time – will any of the players we traded away to each other come back and haunt us? I fear LeSean McCoy at Chicago may go off on one.

I’m also hoping I didn’t peak too soon in the semi final.

Archived