Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

What is the mysterious “Houses of Parliament” Orange Lodge? Jim Shannon MP explains - Belfast Live

Mysterious?  Not on your nelly!

Surprised it's being portrayed as a secret.. it's been on the go for a long time now.

Anyway, great to see them back holding meetings with Shannon declaring his intentions to aid it's growth.

More importantly Scotland beat Ireland yet again this time in the final match of the T20 World Cup European qualifying tournament 

both teams are qualified but this is another sign that the balance of power is swinging back in our direction 

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

More importantly Scotland beat Ireland yet again this time in the final match of the T20 World Cup European qualifying tournament 

both teams are qualified but this is another sign that the balance of power is swinging back in our direction 

it really is, what's the critera for test games? we seem to be well over the limit. is it a politic/sfa type scenario?

• 3 weeks later...

With Black Saturday fast approaching, please see below for the history of the Royal Black Institution.

Hope all Sir Knights enjoy their day when it comes.

Last Saturday parade details as Royal Black Institution march in six locations - Belfast Live

Scottish commemorations took place last weekend.

And who better to lead the parade than the fantastic Netherton Road FB, as they prepare to celebrate their 50th anniversary next year.

Please see the following link for an insightful article into the practices of the Royal Black.  Only for those with an open mind.

Rev. Rodney Beacom writes about the Royal Black Institution | Impartial Reporter

Edited by DiamondDan

I can't help myself by watching the footage of these things. They're morbidly fascinating. The bellies of many of those drummers and marchers are practically dragging on the pavement. I can sort of get the appeal of the whole pageantry and theatrical element of it but you'd think they'd at least get themselves into a respectable condition for their big moment. 

7 hours ago, StygianDepths said:

I can't help myself by watching the footage of these things. They're morbidly obese. The bellies of many of those drummers and marchers are practically dragging on the pavement. I can sort of get the appeal of the whole pageantry and theatrical element of it but you'd think they'd at least get themselves into a respectable condition for their big moment. 

FTFY.

Ill informed remarks shall be ignored, gentlemen.  Try not to let your football allegiance or Scottish constitutional alignment cloud your judgement on the Loyal Orders.  Tolerance is a virtue, after all.

As Black Saturday draws closer, it's also worth remembering that the Royal Black has raised literally hundreds of thousands for charity.

"Over a 21-year period the institution has gained a distinguished record in charity work, donating a total of £845,000 to various charitable causes."

Charity and community outreach are embedded in the very foundations of the organisation itself.

Royal Black Institution's deep-rooted charitable heritage | Impartial Reporter

Faith - Hope - Charity

Yeah mate no one dodgy, bigotted or hatefull has ever hid behind the "oh look we do a lot for charity" excuse

Hopefully one day we will have a proper grown up country where brain dead morons wont feel the need to play dress up to express their backward beliefs. Scotlands shame that this kind of crap continues. Nothing to do with politics or football alligence, just a national red neck.

I wonder if it's got to the point where we don't give air space to bigoted morons with a thread like this. 

99 percent (probably more) in Scotland find these cretins repulsive. 

Maybe a thread where we can simply celebrate the progression of Scottish cricket might be the way forward.