The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Surely there is scope to have a Vader solo movie set between ROTS and ANH?

Trouble is by all accounts he just went on a slaughter-a-thon of the Jedi and was miserable about being in the suit. Disney seems to insist on some lighter/funny scenes being thrown in and that would be difficult if given most would want him just being a badass like at the end of RO.

I'm sure it will happen eventually but the tone of it might be a difficult one.

3 minutes ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

Trouble is by all accounts he just went on a slaughter-a-thon of the Jedi and was miserable about being in the suit. Disney seems to insist on some lighter/funny scenes being thrown in and that would be difficult if given most would want him just being a badass like at the end of RO.

Maybe a comedy reaction after he destroys a few Jedi?

Something like this perhaps

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/08/2017 at 21:02, Sir Peh McBridie said:

I think they could make a cracking, dark film with that. 

The Jedi Order scattered and on the run from the Empire, while trying to train young Jedi on the side VS a raging Darth Vader hunting them down while adjusting to the suit he hates while being trained by the Emperor.

Force battles and epic lightsaber duels all over the place.

• 1 month later...

The new trailer for The Last Jedi drops tomorrow.  I watched The Force Awakens again today and didn't realise that Snoke utters "the last jedi" two or three times in his talks to Kylo Ren.  

Edited by Loki

Star Wars trailers just need to show great visuals with epic music playing and it’ll be perceived as amazing. Even then, I’d be inclined to think that they wouldn’t even need to show a trailer for this and it’d make all the money.
Still, I’ll definitely see it on opening night.

Just watched the trailer.

I like the fact they are keeping the cards close to the chest with this one.

Past films have had 2 or 3 trailers.

Is that Kylo Ren about to fire on Leia's ship to kill her off?

On 20/04/2017 at 22:56, Ludo*1 said:

That was absolutely immense. They finally showed Darts Vader looking as powerful as his presence.

Loving Darts Vader. Imagining him on Bullseye getting a speedboat or caravan to put on his Star Destroyer

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Loving Darts Vader. Imagining him on Bullseye getting a speedboat or caravan to put on his Star Destroyer

Wonder if Eric Bristow could bullseye a womp rat in Beggars Canyon.

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:
  Hide contents

It kinda looked like Rey was fighting Luke.........

Of course it did. Trailers do that sort of thing all the time, i.e. make it seem that something is happening that won't actually happen in the film

Edited by DA Baracus

I think Luke lying down in the pishing rain saying something like this will not go the way you think will just be an expansion on Rey's force vision in The Force Awakens.  Plus it allows Rian Johnson to play around with mis-direction.  That trailer looks incredible.  Disney must be pretty pleased with The Last Jedi to give Rian Johnson a new trilogy.