Ray Donovan

YER SISTERS YER MAW

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I WAS MAKING MY BED" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a terrific second episode that was. Paige Finney is an evil bint. I did not see that setup coming. Ray has his hands full with this one!

I should have known there was more to Mickey killing that guy in the first episode. Genuinely thought he did it because he cares about that woman & the kid and to help them get away from all that. Instead he's taking over the business :lol::o

On very few occasions whilst watching a TV show have I let out a big roar of excitement or a cheer but I felt the need to when Terry (I assume) killed that guy with the weight. :):thumsup2

Edited by JamieStevenson

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first and second season in the last couple of weeks on the sky box sets. Tremendous. Really good mix of dark humour, tension, action and full on bawbaggery. The Party and Ray's dancing at the end were one of the best thing's I've ever seen, and there were total SCENES in the last couple of episodes.

As has been mentioned, Liev Schreiber, Eddie Marsan and - especially - Jon Voigt are obviously the standouts, but thought Dash Mihok who plays Bunchy was excellent in the second season and developed really well, as were Hank Azaria as Cochran and Omar Dorsey who played Cookie, added a lot to the second half of the season.

I think she's supposed to be, but either way, Abby Donovan is an absolute arsehole. I really, really hate her.

Might wait a few weeks before starting Season 3 and then catch up right before the finale. Really looking forward to it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We rattled through S3 over the last couple of weeks. It's just an outstanding programme and Liev Schrieber is phenomenal in it. The scene in the church in the last episode was gripping stuff. I really hope that Micky isn't being written out as he's genuinely a laugh out loud character whilst being an absolute cock at the same time.

eta: That Queens of the Stone Age song at the end of the final episode is one of the most perfect musical selections in a TV show since they used that Badfinger song at the end of Breaking Bad

Edited by KnightswoodBear

• 5 months later...