Car advice

On 9/7/2018 at 12:08, Shandon Par said:

T Cut it out or will it need the windows down and heating up full?

7D6AE623-4085-433A-8E5E-F29168D09789.jpeg

The Abarth is on life support, waiting to see if the insurers want to try to resuscitate or pull the plug. 60% damage to value is their threshold and the body shop says it's about 50% before they start looking more closely/taking it apart. 

On 07/09/2018 at 13:01, Shandon Par said:

Was just static in traffic when the guy in the car behind had a sneezing attack, floored it into the back of me and punted me into the car in front. 

Don’t believe a word of it.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Don’t believe a word of it.

Okay, I was getting away from the rozzers after 48 hr coke and heroin bender. Happy now. 

No, it was genuinely a sneeze. Poor guy was really apologetic and his insurers rang me about an hour later to see if there was anything I needed. He'd also pranged a car parked at the side of the road so it would be an expensive one for his insurers with 4 pranged cars to pay for. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Okay, I was getting away from the rozzers after 48 hr coke and heroin bender. Happy now. 

No, it was genuinely a sneeze. Poor guy was really apologetic and his insurers rang me about an hour later to see if there was anything I needed. He'd also pranged a car parked at the side of the road so it would be an expensive one for his insurers with 4 pranged cars to pay for. 

Don't know if there's a law that you have to be in neutral with the hand brake on when static, but it would have prevented it.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't, but I don't orgasm when I sneeze. Vague memory of being told to do it at junctions in driving lessons.

You were told during driving lessons that you should orgasm when you sneeze at junctions?

I took a sneezing fit and ran into the back of a lexus a couple of years ago. Happened in the November, poor guy didn't get it back until the end of December. Fibreglass body. My motor was a write off.

2 hours ago, philpy said:
7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I took a sneezing fit and ran into the back of a lexus a couple of years ago. Happened in the November, poor guy didn't get it back until the end of December. Fibreglass body. My motor was a write off.

Did you get minor womens' whiplash?  

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Who the f**k drives like that?:lol:

I do, even if I come to a complete stop on the motorway, has stopped me from hitting the car in front after a bit of a pile up behind me. Also at night you don't blind the people behind you with your brake lights by using the handbrake. Question really is who wouldn't drive like this? 

40 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I do, even if I come to a complete stop on the motorway, has stopped me from hitting the car in front after a bit of a pile up behind me. Also at night you don't blind the people behind you with your brake lights by using the handbrake. Question really is who wouldn't drive like this? 

i have a hold facility that does not need the application of the handbrake.  I never knew that people could actually be blinded by brake lights; never too old to learn I suppose.