Car advice

The whole cupra as a separate brand is a strange one. You have Seat which is a sharper looking, sportier (used to be) chaeaper entry in the VW group.

If you wanted something classier you'll buy a Golf if you want something prestige you'll buy an Audi. 

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

The whole cupra as a separate brand is a strange one. You have Seat which is a sharper looking, sportier (used to be) chaeaper entry in the VW group.

If you wanted something classier you'll buy a Golf if you want something prestige you'll buy an Audi. 

Had (Seat) Leon Cupra a few years back and there was a lot more performance than the equivalent Golf but with a duller interior. The Formentor interior is stunning. Reminds me of my old XE Jaguar. Blue leather over everything so it feels a bit like some exotic 70s thing. They’re giving £1000 extra discount to Jaguar and BMW drivers too and I reckon that’s a clever strategy.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Is that the Mach-E?  I've been thinking about one of those.

Similar looking but no, a Cupra Formentor. They do a plug in but think it’s a hybrid rather than full electric. It looks more like an SUV in the pics but in the metal it’s much longer and lower, like a shooting break/estate jacked up a bit.

On 17/01/2022 at 20:19, RH33 said:

How do you go about putting the original plates on a car and will it cost me anythjng?

Wait a few years and the garage will do it for you. 

My folks have just upgraded to a new car and want to transfer my dad's personalised plate to it. They have both played the old/infirm card and got the guy at the garage to sort it all out.

On 16/11/2021 at 23:01, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Tend not to be keen on SUV looking type... things, but I really really like the look of the Cupra Formentor, know absolutely nada about them beyond that imo they're cracking looking motors. Might be worth a test drive if you fancy the look of it, if you're in F-Pace/Range Rover territory afaik they're in that ball park.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Similar looking but no, a Cupra Formentor. They do a plug in but think it’s a hybrid rather than full electric. It looks more like an SUV in the pics but in the metal it’s much longer and lower, like a shooting break/estate jacked up a bit.

can i claim a small commission for the sale pls

(Looks cracking from your photo btw)

On 18/01/2022 at 20:48, pub car king said:

If you wanted something classier you'll buy a Golf 

Golfs are absolutely shit inside these days, even the top spec ones.

The Cupra will shit over it from a height.