Car advice

I have been meaning to ask if anyone has tried a 1 litre eco boost as I’m seeing quite a few of them for sale but always skip past them as 1 litre is quite small.

They're 3 cylinder, turbocharged and geared to suit the engine. I'd think they're worth looking at in anything smaller than the cmax.

I found it off putting when the indicator was telling me to change into 5th gear at 30mph.

They are a bit brutal. Daughter was going to sell her 6 month old car to them (dont ask) and they gave her a great initial price then they tore the car to pieces on inspection. Tried to knock 2 grand off the price they had offered originally. 

7 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Anyone know by how much webuyanycar undervalue your car? Or how to get a realistic value of my car? Looking to sell it because it's a piece of shit.

Few years back they were £1400 under what I sold my old mans Vectra for.

Last weekend they offered £220 for Mrs TDB's shitbox zafira. That was before they'd chip more off for any damage. We got £500 on trade in.

Their advert about how you'll get a better deal by using them is nothing but an utter lie.

It's pure fabrication. They prey on the weak and hard up.

They're kunts basically.

3 minutes ago, supermik said:

They are a bit brutal. Daughter was going to sell her 6 month old car to them (dont ask) and they gave her a great initial price then they tore the car to pieces on inspection. Tried to knock 2 grand off the price they had offered originally. 

I've not made an appointment with them but the quote they gave me on the website after putting the car details in seemed very reasonable - no doubt they would try and knock some off it. If I can get around the quote price by selling privately I will be pretty happy tbh.

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I've not made an appointment with them but the quote they gave me on the website after putting the car details in seemed very reasonable - no doubt they would try and knock some off it. If I can get around the quote price by selling privately I will be pretty happy tbh.

You will not believe the amount of tiny little dings and blemishes that they will pick up on and say that the car will need major body repairs. My daughters car had been parked undera conker tree and a couple of them had dropped onto the roof. Even a microscope would have struggled to spot the dents but according to them the car would have to spent ages in the garage to fix.

20 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

They sound a bit dodgy tbh. I have no plans to sell to them, I just want a way to gauge a realistic value of my car... 

No harm in getting a quote and telling them you'll have a think. Knowing the lower limit could be handy.

16 hours ago, throbber said:

I have been meaning to ask if anyone has tried a 1 litre eco boost as I’m seeing quite a few of them for sale but always skip past them as 1 litre is quite small.

Hired one for a work jaunt. Lovely engine but consumption wasn't great, even with stop start and driving carefully. 

11 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

They sound a bit dodgy tbh. I have no plans to sell to them, I just want a way to gauge a realistic value of my car... 

It's just a business opportunity created by the symptom of poorly managed finances by a fair percentage of the population. Mostly by clan 'musthave' or the drones playing 'facebook status'.

How's that for being judgemental? :lol:

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Maybe I’ll just go for a 1.6 then.

I mean it depends what fuel economy you think is good or bad. 

We went down the M74 to Englandshire. Got about 45mpg at 70mph. When I used it for my commute in Glasgow I got about 35mpg in traffic. 

Edited by flyingscot

Looking at a new car small hatchback potentially on a pcp deal. Seen a new skoda fabia for £175 a month with a grand down and £2500 scrappage for my old diesel astra. Has a few vag cars in the past no issues.

Any recommendations good, bad, kick it in the pie 

Picked up my Volvo from Evans Halshaw this afternoon. Absolutely delighted with the car and the price we got it for, customer service was fine,  if nothing special, will see what their after sale service is like in the coming months and report back. 

Evans Halshaw claim to beat WBAC.... worth a few minutes of your time and unlike WBAC they don't constantly email and text you......apparently pretty good when you take the car to them too.

Can't believe I have just praised EH!!

Evans Halshaw claim to beat WBAC.... worth a few minutes of your time and unlike WBAC they don't constantly email and text you......apparently pretty good when you take the car to them too.

Can't believe I have just praised EH!!

Not I’m my experience I’m afraid.

Long story but an elderly relative died, 64 plate Golf, WBAC quote was £10800. Spent about 90mins fannying about in their Falkirk Vauxhall branch, chap on site referred it off elsewhere in EH and eventually came back and said we can give you £9700. But what about the ‘we beat wbac promise?’ No answer, looked at his feet and shuffled about.

Off down WBAC half an hour later, a chip in price for a ding and a fee for a fast money transfer and we’re away with £10600.

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Long story but an elderly relative died

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

half an hour later and a fee for a fast money transfer and we’re away with £10600.

Image result for simpsons hedge gif

Edited by Al B

On 25/02/2018 at 23:34, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Anyone know by how much webuyanycar undervalue your car? Or how to get a realistic value of my car? Looking to sell it because it's a piece of shit.

Last year I was considering selling my 10 year old Mazda 2. Signed up to Autotrader and they valued the car at £895 for a private sale. Looking around their site, that seemed to be about average. 

WBAC offered £85. 

I choose to keep it.