Car advice

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

Yeah, but between my wife and her dad they decided on the 1.6.  

Fannies

Unlucky. Go mental and buy a Tesla Model S next time, seven seats and about 750bhp.

Satisfies the family side, and the midlife crisis side. 

This is online bullying. 

Who you gonna tell? Div abandoned this place for Twitter ages ago. I think Twitter is Div’s midlife crisis. Probably bought a sports car too. Possibly saving up for the Leigh Griffiths new hair upload.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’ll need a new front number plate before you take it out.

:lol: scrubbed it out for posting elsewhere incase somebody noticed it and bought it before me :lol:

It'll be getting a private plate anyway. 

_20180216_230917.thumb.JPG.ff4cf4466b8dbf2bc8f5d14347c989f0.JPG
Deposit down. 63 plate. Wasn't convinced about the colour but love it in person. 

Got a Mk2 VRS a few weeks ago, fast(ish) when you want or a comfy relaxed cruiser when you want that.

A good all-rounder.

On 30/01/2018 at 10:07, KnightswoodBear said:

Looking into a getting a new car.  Has anyone had any experience of:

Nissan X-Trail

Skoda Kodiaq

Kia Sorento

Don't know if you've bought yet, but I've got an X-Trail DIG-T Tekna. Coincidentally I looked at the other two cars on your list and also a Mitsubishi Outlander and found that the X-Trail was a far better car, much more spacious IMO and turns the heads of ignored wives and single Mums. The kids are also far away in the back so you can almost not hear them.

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: scrubbed it out for posting elsewhere incase somebody noticed it and bought it before me :lol:

It'll be getting a private plate anyway. 

I stopped using my private plate last year.  I get a new lease car every two years and it’s a pain in the arse (and costly) to keep changing it.

However I’m far less likely to remember the registration now.

55 minutes ago, mac.i said:

Got a Mk2 VRS a few weeks ago, fast(ish) when you want or a comfy relaxed cruiser when you want that.

A good all-rounder.

I love them. I'm too old to bother racing anyway but they're quick enough to be enjoyable, the massive boot is a huge benefit aswell. 

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I stopped using my private plate last year.  I get a new lease car every two years and it’s a pain in the arse (and costly) to keep changing it.

However I’m far less likely to remember the registration now.

Aye its a bit of a nuisance tbh

47 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Don't know if you've bought yet, but I've got an X-Trail DIG-T Tekna. Coincidentally I looked at the other two cars on your list and also a Mitsubishi Outlander and found that the X-Trail was a far better car, much more spacious IMO and turns the heads of ignored wives and single Mums. The kids are also far away in the back so you can almost not hear them.

Funnily enough we went at looked at your very model yesterday and it is very nice.  Also looked at the Kia and its got more space inside.  Bit pricier for the model I'd be looking at and doesn't have the option of a petrol engine that the Nissan does.  

I also got to sit in the GTR that they had in the showroom as well like a daft wee laddie.  What's £95k between friends......

Edit: I've not even looked at the Mitsubishi as every review of it says it's shite. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

24 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Funnily enough we went at looked at your very model yesterday and it is very nice.  Also looked at the Kia and its got more space inside.  Bit pricier for the model I'd be looking at and doesn't have the option of a petrol engine that the Nissan does.  

I also got to sit in the GTR that they had in the showroom as well like a daft wee laddie.  What's £95k between friends......

Edit: I've not even looked at the Mitsubishi as every review of it says it's shite. 

Is there a reason why you're going for a 4 wheel drive? Do you intend to go off roading, or is it a safety thing for a bad winter? Never felt the need myself.