Car advice

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My car got fixed last week, the anti drop lock and a spring. I hadn’t drove it at speed until today. Any I went over 65mph the steering wheel would vibrate, not excessively so but certainly noticeable. Very annoying 😞

After changing any suspension components it's advisable to have a wheel alignment carried out. 

32 minutes ago, Pepper said:

After changing any suspension components it's advisable to have a wheel alignment carried out. 

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

that sounds more like balancing than tracking

Get both done. It won't cost an arm and a leg.

20 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Get both done. It won't cost an arm and a leg.

Is it better to go to a back street place for those or Halfords/Kwik Fit? 

9 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

It will if his wheel falls off and he crashes into a tree.

With the “luck” I’ve had in the last year or so, I wouldn’t put it past this happening 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is it better to go to a back street place for those or Halfords/Kwik Fit? 

With the “luck” I’ve had in the last year or so, I wouldn’t put it past this happening 

KwikFit will find a million other faults and tell you your car's not safe to be driven out of the test centre.

I've used these guys in the past and they were okay.

https://www.atseuromaster.co.uk/consumer/car-services/wheel-alignment

14 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

KwikFit will find a million other faults and tell you your car's not safe to be driven out of the test centre.

This. Happened to me just after passing my test at 18, never set foot in one of their places in the 20 odd years since.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

KwikFit told me I'd die from emissions because my car had a slight hole in the flexi once

My apprentice a few years ago took his BMW there (it was an absolute wreck guaranteed to fail for corrosion and the handbrake at any competent garage, we've found Kwik Fit will pass anything if they don't think they can fix it so BMW handbrakes regularly pass there despite doing literally nothing), and they failed it on an "incomplete exhaust".

About half an inch was rusted off the tailpipe.

My apprentice a few years ago took his BMW there (it was an absolute wreck guaranteed to fail for corrosion and the handbrake at any competent garage, we've found Kwik Fit will pass anything if they don't think they can fix it so BMW handbrakes regularly pass there despite doing literally nothing), and they failed it on an "incomplete exhaust".
About half an inch was rusted off the tailpipe.
The guy was absolutely at it, went there because I had a flat tyre and they were nearest then he started coming out with his pish. Said he could do me good deal on one and then said about £200 because it was a "sports exhaust" and the back box, center and flexi were one piece. Told him to beat it that's when he come out with the you'll die pish, took it to my pals and we welded the holes up and it worked a treat.

Been caught out a couple of times in the past by Kwik Fit but I have recently found them to be the cheapest by quite a bit for new tyres. They never used to be.
Google blackcircles, found them to be considerably cheaper than the usual places.