Celtic v Morton

hoopy1967

Great result for Morton last night, not many would have put money on it. Seems Celtic again lacked a "Penalty box striker". At the same time as this was happening, Gary Hooper was scoring 2 late goals for Norwich to help them avoid going out the league cup against lower league opposition....

Absolutely glorious stuff.

The absolute meltdowns from the likes of Seymour and Timothy are belting though.

post-20092-0-63766800-1380106030.jpg

Lennon the best manager in Scotland ? :lol: Excellent fishing trip. There are currently 40 managers in Scotland better than him (him and McCoist are equally inept).

Hope Dom Dom had a nice night in front of the telly.

Good to see you care about me ya fucking helmet. :lol:

And yes, I actually had an amazing night, given that Morton just beat Celtic in the cup. The fact that I wasn't there to see it is unimportant.

Chuffed to bits for Morton.

Once I was on holiday in Majorca and made a couple of pals called John and Ryan. Their dad was the Ton photographer or something. O'Donnell I think his name was. Nice chaps.

Aye, well done anyway.

My neighbours. Passed a very delighted Jackie this morning.

Good to see you care about me ya fucking helmet. :lol:

And yes, I actually had an amazing night, given that Morton just beat Celtic in the cup. The fact that I wasn't there to see it is unimportant.

It's not the fact you weren't there, it's the fact you were delighted that you didn't have to go. Then missed out on one of the best nights many Morton fans will experience.

Anyway,

:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3

Wednesday 25 Aug 1971 was the last Morton win at Celtic Park, also in the League Cup when it was in the group stage format. The score was the same 0-1.

This song was no. 3 in the charts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEqFZnqe3pk&hd=1

Also in August 1971, the first men to drive on The Moon returned to Earth. Their Lunar Rover is still up there (along with another 2 from later missions)

If the hand is in an unnatural position then it's deemed 'deliberate' until referees gain the power of mind-reading. Stonewall penalty.

I've not seen the incident yet, but this for me too with regards to the 'unnatural' hand positions, almost as good as running into the box keeping your arms in the air then claiming it can't be a pen because you never moved your hands towards the ball when it hit you.

Celtic fan at work today was very magnanimous about the game.

Said he could see it coming, which is far from the view I had from my seat -

- expected Celtic to roll over us in the second half

- expected them to score that last minute free kick

- thought we would tire in extra time badly and suffer as a result

- would not have been surprised by two late home goals, let alone an equaliser

Whilst many would have been confident at Imrie scoring the penalty, and he'd no doubt have been wary of Hands's effort on Saturday (has it landed yet?) all I could do was stand there thinking "please please pleeeeeease......."

Anyway - still smiling and enjoying the YouTube clips.

Hopefully some highlights tonight amid the live game.