Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

6 hours ago, Enigma said:

I had no idea he was eligible either. Glad he’s come to his senses. 6 months in Kirkcaldy clearly won him round. He’s going to have a good career, I’m sure of it. He was great for us. Old beyond his years.

This is a great result he is a player far beyond his years and will have a good career. 

Just hope he isn't scared off by our shit show of a set up 

I've only seen him in a couple of u21 appearances so can't comment too much, but Clarke seems to be a fan so if he keeps scoring then it wouldn't be a surprise to see him in the first team squad soon enough. 

On 03/10/2023 at 20:48, Pie Of The Month said:

O'Riordan pulled out of the u21s but is playing for Crewe tonight and scored. Strange one.

The Courier confirmed he's changed his mind and is back to committing to Ireland. *shrugs*

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4772720/connor-oriordan-in-scotland-under-21-snub-as-ex-raith-rovers-star-opts-for-ireland/

10 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

First goal at 0.59; second at 1.35.  As you say, absolutely superb.  Can't imagine we have a better striking prospect than Conway?

Rory Wilson's apparently a good prospect but not played any senior football. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Is Conway only eligible for Scotland, or is he another one of these guys who might end up hedging their bets for a while?

Qualifies through a grandparent - English born. At 21 he's unlikely to be in Southgate's thinking though.

Both fine goals, the second in particular.

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Rory Wilson's apparently a good prospect but not played any senior football. 

He's prolific at u-18 level, but he's barely even played at u-21 level for Villa, so still a long way from the first team. Does seem a decent prospect, mind.

On 12/09/2023 at 12:49, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Are Cameron and Mulligan " products " of WGS' coaching ?

More McPake than anyone else tbh. Was coaching them in our youth team and then brought them through into the senior team when he changed roles.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Missed the second goal as YouTube brought up its second lots of adverts in the first ten minutes. Raging!

Get yourself a YouTube adblocker for your browser and you'll never see them again! Good goals, will be interesting to see how the rest plays out with such an early cushion.

1 hour ago, Menzel said:

Get yourself a YouTube adblocker for your browser and you'll never see them again! Good goals, will be interesting to see how the rest plays out with such an early cushion.

This. Had one for years.

I'm always utterly appalled when I'm at someone else's house and bloody adverts come on youtube :lol: 

Second half has been a bit of a non event. Mulligan should've scored first half.

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

A good half. I don't know why Scott Gemmill gets a wee bit of a slagging. That's a decent team.

Because he has a decent team and they are generally woeful in every game. Seems tonight was an exception, thankfully!

On 13/10/2023 at 18:49, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

A good half. I don't know why Scott Gemmill gets a wee bit of a slagging. That's a decent team.

Nearly a Gemmill special tonight.  Late winner to beat Malta at home.

Lowry through the middle offered very little threat against lesser opposition. At least we got the three points.