Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

When you look at the players missing from the 21’s right now and add them to a starting XI - there really is a good amount of quality and experience there. 

Slicker

Ramsay     King     Bowat

Johnson                                       Doig

Fiorini   Barron

Doak                          Cameron               

Conway

I’m not sure when we last had that kind of quality at that level - I doubt we’ll actually ever see that team on the pitch but still. That still leaves you the likes  of Lowry, Morrison, Bowie etc on the bench.        

You then have the likes of Lennon Miller, Ryan One and David Watson in the 19’s. I know Miller is injured, but Watson should really be with the 21’s given King is playing in there out of position.                 

Edited by No_Problemo

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

When you look at the players missing from the 21’s right now and add them to a starting XI - there really is a good amount of quality and experience there. 

Slicker

Fiorini   Barron

Doak                Cameron            Mebude    

Conway

I’m not sure when we last had that kind of quality at that level - I doubt we’ll actually ever see that team on the pitch but still. That still leaves you the likes  of Lowry, Morrison, Bowie etc on the bench.                              

Not unless the ref can’t count either 😜

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Slicker

Fiorini   Barron

Conway

You then have the likes of Lennon Miller, Ryan One and David Watson in the 19’s. I know Miller is injured, but Watson should really be with the 21’s given King is playing in there out of position.                 

Watson is a smashing player unlucky not already to be involved in the twenty ones 

Stricker straight into  A squad, saw more than enough last  night,  absolutely class, would have lost by 2/3 if not for him. Plus if Gordon not fit, nothing to back up Gunn.

Not surprised Doak  missed pen, was standing stock still for ages, then two steps and hit. All very well staying focused, but not a good idea IMO.

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Slicker

Fiorini   Barron

Conway

Mullen , Neilsen

Slicker hasn't played a single league game in his club career, not saying that rules him out of contention completely, but if you're not able to break into the team at English Championship level then there surely has to be a question mark about whether he's ready to play for Scotland.

5 hours ago, ekok said:

Stricker straight into  A squad, saw more than enough last  night,  absolutely class, would have lost by 2/3 if not for him. Plus if Gordon not fit, nothing to back up Gunn.

Not surprised Doak  missed pen, was standing stock still for ages, then two steps and hit. All very well staying focused, but not a good idea IMO.

Slicker 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Slicker hasn't played a single league game in his club career, not saying that rules him out of contention completely, but if you're not able to break into the team at English Championship level then there surely has to be a question mark about whether he's ready to play for Scotland.

Slicker needs a loan problem is the keepers up here just now are pretty good even the one on loan at Killie so don't know where he would be going to play would we still look at him if he went on loan to a league 1 team?

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yeah - be absolutely needs game time to be anywhere close to a squad  but he has been exceptional over the last two games. He hasn’t long turned 21 so very young, but hopefully gets out on loan - up here would be good. 

Saying all that, Zander Clark quite blatantly wasn’t ready to play for Scotland either. 

ETA, as for your other post - I’m sure he signed for Ipswich on a permanent?

Edited by No_Problemo

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Ah you're right actually, thought he was just out on loan from City.

Yeah - he does seem to be third choice there though so hopefully they’ll get him out on loan. 

Obviously at his age, two good games shows he has potential but putting it together over a season a completely different matter. 

Hi sorry got Slicker name wrong , still sticking  by my opinion.  The Under 21s have qualified for the play offs, in the spring,  home and away vs one of another 5 teams to  make finals in Slovakia in June, so if they qualify he might be a busy boy!

Big shout also for Under 19s, qualified for Elite Group stage in March , next step for finals in July in Norther Ireland.

Edited by ekok
Typo

6 minutes ago, ekok said:

Hi sorry got Slicker name wrong , still sticking  by my opinion.  The Under 21s have qualified for the play offs, in the spring,  home and away vs one of another 5 teams to  make finals in Slovakia in June, so if they qualify he might be a busy boy!

Big shout also for Under 19s, qualified for Elite Group stage in March , next step for finals in July in Norther Ireland.

You're a year early, the qualifiers aren't done until October 2024 and the finals are in June 2025.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/italian-serie-a-club-linked-with-move-for-celtics-irish-teenage-prospect-rocco-vata/a670822024.html

Are we in or out the fight to land this guy Ireland are shite why does he want to play for them when he could play for us?

Rangers fans