True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does no-one have a problem with

the fact that the Tuttle connection got a ten second brush off on the tv news at the hospital, saying they'd denied they were related to Childress! I mean Cohle had the whole conspiracy/corruption unlocked, then he let's it go after taking out a janitor! Come on to f**k

I'm happy for someone to tell me i've missed the point or something somewhere but i was a bit annoyed with that.

Edited by Christophe

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I loved the entire series - HBO obviously delivering again - what did people think of the last two episodes? They'd sort of set it up that there really wasn't that many different ways they could go but it went from being like The Wire quality to something more akin to like a Dexter or something I thought in the last two episodes.

McConaughey really delivered in a big way. I used to always see him as a some sort of Ben Affleck type nothing actor that I barely even noticed but his part in Wolf of Wall Street, his incredible performance in Dallas Buyers Club and then this really has seen him jump way up in my estimations to one of my favourite actors. Harrelson was brilliant as well but it's almost just like expected of him. Not that that belittles his brilliance but you just know you're gonna get a 9/10 from him at least.

Season 2 starts on the 20th of June. The trailer is a bit meh

Is this the US air date?...was kinda assuming Atlantic would just slot it into the GoT slot on a monday with it starting the week after that finishes but they might not wait 48hrs if it's going to go out on Saturday's stateside.

Is this the US air date?...was kinda assuming Atlantic would just slot it into the GoT slot on a monday with it starting the week after that finishes but they might not wait 48hrs if it's going to go out on Saturday's stateside.

Maybe I've got the date wrong it could well be the 22nd

Season 2 starts on the 20th of June. The trailer is a bit meh

I thought it was an advert for some shite action movie. Not seen it again though.

Can see it being awful already, They couldn't have picked any worse actors than Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell, really can't stand either of them.

I can sort of understand people grumbling about Vaughan due to his horrendous role choices in past few years, however I don't understand the doubt of Farrell. Showed in In Bruges how bloody good he can be. I also think Vaughan will come good. Been in lots of shit comedies but there's certainly a decent enough actor in there.

Vaughan has done well in serious roles before. He was the only highlight of the god awful Psycho remake for example. Also, if he does well in this, it'll likely enhance his career rather than bugger it, so I don't get where that shite is coming from. Oscar Isaac and The Rock are both going to be in HBO shows soon, and it's not like they're searching for big roles.

Also, if he does well in this, it'll likely enhance his career rather than bugger it, so I don't get where that shite is coming from

Have you misread my post?

I meant that throughout his career he's gone for quantity over quality, in that he'll appear in virtually any comedy he can, instead of making the most of his talent and maybe not appearing in as much. His decision to take this role is a positive move by him.

I thought it was an advert for some shite action movie. Not seen it again though.

Can see it being awful already, They couldn't have picked any worse actors than Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell, really can't stand either of them.

"Aww ffs, can't believe they cast the dude from '10 things I hate about you' as the joker, this is gonna be shit" type post, IMO (In My Opinion).

Fully expect this to be excellent just as the first season was.