Peaky Blinders

beermonkey

How is the new series, worth pushing through the 5th to get to it? I tried to give it a watch through again recently and as the other time I tried quite enjoyed the first 2 seasons even if some of it is cringe-inducing (Ada's boyfriend turning up with the machine gun and delivering some awful dialogue) but the 3rd and 4th are just bad imo. Thought it might be worthwhile ploughing on to see Stephen Graham as a 30s gangster again after Boardwalk but judging by @Honest_Man#1's post I'll be disappointed

It's better than the last series but agree that the 2 episodes so far could be 1.

Also it's too late for me to give a f**k about new characters so bin Tommy's daughter and the spooky shite.

Arthur is going to have to do something spectacular at some point presumably to justify the absolute waste of screen time so far. Lizzy, Ada, the Bairns all a waste of screen time so far.

It should just be hour long chats between Tommy and Alfie with Johnny Dogs occasionally popping in to explain what other characters are doing. 

3 hours is a rather long time to set the scene, pace needs to pick up soon. 

Last season was a big blow, but this really does look like a show that's run its course.   Seems set on seeing out its apparent plan on the covering the between war period but forgetting on actually telling a story.

Edited by parsforlife

I figured there were going to be 8 episodes this season. Really strange pacing with only two to go. I know there's meant to be a movie and talk of spinoffs but it feels like a total waste.

To think people were excited by Stephen Graham turning up this season. I can only assume he's meant for one of these next projects to continue the Peaky-verse.