Peaky Blinders

beermonkey

11 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Think we might’ve had this discussion on Twitter at the time. That fucking Jimmy McCavern’s accent and the casting genuinely riled me. 

Of all the actors/accents - That guy?! WHY??

The cvnt almost made me pine for Gerard Butler.

It's got to be up there with the all time worst accents in TV and Film. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2021 at 21:43, 8MileBU said:

Hands down winner. Normally I just have a chuckle at the dodgy accents in films and TV. Jimmy McCavern however left me utterly seething.

This. Literally dozens of decent Glaswegian or Scottish actors and they pick an Irishman? It's such a tough accent to get right and his attempt is pretty lazy tbh.

I quite enjoyed the last series (the ludicrous Billy boys aside) and enjoyed the tension knowing that Mosely isn't going to be killed (Shirley!).

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Sad news, she was excellent in Peaky Blinders

Aye, she was brilliant as Polly. Very sad news. 

I wonder if she’d completed filming her parts in the new series or how they’ll go about removing her character if she hadn’t. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is due back at the end of the month, coincidentally I started this from the begging to refresh my memory before the new series started up again.

I forgot just how good the first couple of series were. Halfway through series 2 just now, Tom Hardys character has just been introduced 😍.

Hopefully Stephen Graham lasts a while in the new series, would hate for him to be bumped off in only an episode or 2. 

36 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
8 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Last series was pretty poor by its usual standards so hopefully improves and goes out with a bang 

The problem with the last series was the Mosley storyline - we knew that they would fail to bump him off.

The Scottish gangsters were appalling in the last series 

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
20 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:
The Scottish gangsters were appalling in the last series 

The effort to portray Glasgow in onec cene was just awful - a subtitle "Glasgow" with the scene taking place on what looked like a country backroad in Angus.

The back roads out of Bearsden and Milngavie to Kilsyth and Strathblane look like that tbf.

Edited by 8MileBU

Aye I found the casting of the main scottish baddie to be probably the worst casting decision of the whole show. In contrast Sam Clafin was perfectly cast as Mosely and did a great job. 

I'm hopeful and curious as to how this series plays out. I read an interview with the boy Knight who wrote PB and he said that this will be a sort of beginning, that there will be spin-offs etc. That gives me the fear tbh and risks diluting the quality and just creating content that relies on familiarity rather than great characters and storytelling. Hopefully my fears are proven unfounded.