Who do you support and why?

Spain

Lions first came to my attention after the infamous '08 season (I didn't know too much about NFL then) and I tend to have affinity with the underdog so it went from there (my choice of teams in other American sports follows a similar pattern)

You should join my misery with the Astros then?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Lions fan purely because, as a KISS obsessed 15 year old, I decided all my US teams would be from Rock City. It still seems like a great way to pick a team in fairness to my 15 year old self and I still listen to Detroit Rock City before every game.

I'm a Lions fan purely because, as a KISS obsessed 15 year old, I decided all my US teams would be from Rock City. It still seems like a great way to pick a team in fairness to my 15 year old self and I still listen to Detroit Rock City before every game.

:lol: That is the best reason I've read so far.

:lol: That is the best reason I've read so far.

Thanks! To be honest, I'm continually surprised when I meet fellow Lions and Tigers fans and this isn't their reasoning.

To answer the second part of the question, I wouldn't say I have a soft spot for anyone else, but I always check the Bills' scores as my Dad used to be a fan, before he stopped caring about NFL altogether :( I keep him posted in the hope he'll rekindle his interest and watch a game with me sometime.

The Colts because I live in Indianapolis. One of my sons supports the Pats, another supports the Bears. Interesting side note - a lot of Football fans out here follow a player as opposed to a team. There are thousands of Broncos fans in the Indianapolis area!

After years of not really supporting a team properly but just enjoying watching individual players, I finally settled on the Bears this year.

This was purely because I support Chicago teams in the NHL, NBA & MLB.

In terms of teams there's only really like 6 I intensely dislike, I mainly just appreciate the sport.

Got a soft spot for Peyton Manning & RG3 so I like watching the Broncos & Redskins. Wouldn't say I support either though.

Gained a wee bit of sympathy for the Raiders & Dolphins over the years too, mainly because my Dad likes them both.

I started following NFL in 80s when C4 started showing highlights. Like others thought I should pick a team to follow and being a Dons fan that I would follow team in red so picked 9ers. Been a fan ever since.

As others have said highly recommend getting to see a game in the US if you can. Totally different experience than IS games in London. Went to first game at Candlestick in 2008 and was totally hooked on the experience. It converted my wife from someone with just a passing interest in the sport to a massive fan of the 9ers. Been over a few times since and back over again this year for Rams in December.

You can't take away their world record!

Lol, do you just hate them because of that claim? Divisional rivals? What?

The Rams are in the same division as The Hawks, but in terms of the division they are hardly rivals :whistle

I initially started following the 49ers but I thought I should choose an East Coast team too, just to hedge my bets, so went for the Eagles, for no other reason than watching a rubbish film called Silver Lining Playbooks.

I watch the Redzone every Sunday and just enjoy the spectacle of it all but it makes it a bit more interesting if you stick with a team. Twitter helps keep in touch with the midweek news and keeps me interested too.

I quite enjoyed that film...for a given value of 'enjoyed' seeing as it was a romcom...it had De Niro in it for one thing

Superbowl XIX in 1985 was the first NFL game I saw, Dolphins may have lost that day to the 49ers but I have supported them ever since.

Was that the one before the Bears and Pats?

Archived