Who do you support and why?

Spain

Aren't Patriots fans a bit like Celtic fans, they never existed in the early 90's....

I hope you are not one of these skins/giants/cowboys/dolphins/49ers fans who got into nfl in the 80s/90s who wants to play the gloryhunter card?

Give it 10 years we will all be moaning about the new generation of Cleveland Browns fans strutting about.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you are not one of these skins/giants/cowboys/dolphins/49ers fans who got into nfl in the 80s/90s who wants to play the gloryhunter card?

Give it 10 years we will all be moaning about the new generation of Cleveland Browns fans strutting about.

No. He's just racist ;)

You mean when the NFL took off in the UK? ;)

No. He's just racist ;)

Shhhhh "We shall not change our Name" :P

sure ive put this up before,but anyway im a seahawk fan since i moved to the states 6 years ago

because seattle was my port of entry and i have family who are hawks fans,will be a hawk till oregon gains an NFL

franchise(like that will ever happen).

Watched the Bronco's lose (ok get destroyed) in a couple of Superbowls back in the 80's as that is all we got over here and i love an underdog so they became my team.

Got my Elway hall of fame shirt and a Tebow :ph34r: one

Need to go see a game in the states as the one at Wembley was awesome.

Hey Spain,

Can you add me onto the Ravens? Decided to get into the NFL back when the Ravens started (ride with the new team for my new sport) in 96. I finally got to visit their stadium last year, 17 years later. They were nice enough to let me have a wander around it too!

Would some kind person direct me to where you get the sig emblems from? I was directed here but It's late at night and my brain isn't functioning well!

AWARDS & HONORS STEELERS LOGO THREE RIVERS STADIUM TRAINING CAMP SITES TERRIBLE TOWEL2015 PRO BOWL VOTING

History of the Steelers Logo

The Steelers logo is based on the Steelmark logo belonging to the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI). Created by U.S. Steel Corp. (now known as USX Corp.), the logo contains three hypocycloids (diamond shapes).In the 1950s, when helmet logos became popular, the Steelers added players' numbers to either side of their gold helmets. Later that decade, the numbers were removed and in 1962, Cleveland's Republic Steel suggested to the Steelers that they use the Steelmark as a helmet logo.When the Steelmark logo was created, U.S. Steel attached the following meaning to it: Steel lightens your work, brightens your leisure and widens your world. The logo was used as part of a major marketing campaign to educate consumers about how important steel is in our daily lives. The Steelmark logo was used in print, radio and television ads as well as on labels for all steel products, from steel tanks to tricycles to filing cabinets.In the 1960s, U.S. Steel turned over the Steelmark program to the AISI, where it came to represent the steel industry as a whole. During the 1970s, the logo's meaning was extended to include the three materials used to produce steel: yellow for coal, orange for ore and blue for steel scrap. In the late 1980s, when the AISI founded the Steel Recycling Institute (SRI), the logo took on a new life reminiscent of its 1950s meaning. The Steelers had to petition the AISI in order to change the word "Steel" inside the Steelmark to "Steelers" before the logo was complete.The Steelers are the only NFL team that sports their logo on only one side of the helmet. At first, this was a temporary measure because the Steelers weren't sure they would like the look of the logo on an all-gold helmet. They wanted to test them before going all-out.Equipment manager Jack Hart was instructed to put the logo only on one side of the helmet - the right side. The 1962 Steelers finished 9-5 and became the winningest team in franchise history to date. The team finished second in the Eastern Conference and qualified for the Playoff Bowl. They wanted to do something special for their first postseason game, so they changed the color of their helmets from gold to black, which helped to highlight the new logo.Because of the interest generated by having the logo on only one side of their helmets and because of their team's new success, the Steelers decided to leave it that way permanently.Today's helmet reflects the way the logo was originally applied and it has never been changed.

Yeah, I'm a 49er. Why? I was a cowboys fan when I was young and it was first on TV here. My sister was working in Dallas and brought me back Cowboys stuff.

I didn't watch it in the 90s or 00s then got back into it in 2010. I quite enjoyed not having a team and loved the game. Went to SF as part of my honeymoon in 2012 and took in a Giants baseball game. Loved it and loved how friendly the people there were. Knew a few 49er fans and found myself being very drawn in by them and the way they played. I reckon if I'd ever played it would have been as a RB so really enjoyed watching Gore play. Really liked Alex Smith too. And that Defense!

Became a 49er, however I'd say I'm still a big fan of the game and enjoy watching the story unfold. Only dislikes are the Seahawks and the Patriots. (not mad keen on the Giants either) but thats more down to individuals than the teams themselves. (other than Seattle. I like Russell Wilson, but several knobs on their roster) perhaps in time I'll hate more teams.

Follow Da Bears because... my dad picked them.

I had a vague interest as a child but only to the extent of watching five seconds of highlights, failing to understand what was happening and so going off to play at something else. I do remember getting a Chicago Bears Easter Egg and accompanying mug one Easter just to confirm that they were "my" team.

I pretty much forgot all about the NFL until I attended university. A friend was a massive fan (not of Da Bears, the Raiders, poor fucker) and explained it all to me, so I started to watch it and got obsessed with the game. Decided I may as well carry on being a Bears fan.

In hindsight, Bears do seem quite a good fit for a Villa fan. Play in the Second City, famous history and founder members of the league, constantly droning on about said history to the point of boring everyone, and always trying to remind new fans that titles won prior to the Premier League/Superbowl era are just as valid as these new-fangled trophy wins, not much in the way of success recently but did enjoy one great continental success in the eighties. Oh, and Villa never have a decent Quarter-Back either!

Finally, by happy coincidence I also follow the Warwickshire Bears in the cricket.

For all that though... I picked the Bears because my dad did. Same reason I follow the Villa and Clyde.

You b*****d dad!

• 1 month later...

The girlfriend and I have just started getting more in to the NFL and she's chosen the Seahawks as she supports the Seattle Sounders and I've settled on the Chicago Bears for no reason other than my favourite band are from Chicago. Shame they appear to be a bit shite. But aye, they're going to be my team of choice. :D

Archived