Who do you support and why?

Spain

The girlfriend and I have just started getting more in to the NFL and she's chosen the Seahawks as she supports the Seattle Sounders and I've settled on the Chicago Bears for no reason other than my favourite band are from Chicago. Shame they appear to be a bit shite. But aye, they're going to be my team of choice. :D

Is your favourite band actually Chicago?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Broncos, only started watching last year but my mates a massive Broncos fan and had a flat just upstairs from me. He had BT whilst I had Sky and we came to a deal where I could watch the Italian football games at his if he could watch the NFL games at mine. Ended up getting into it quite a bit and grew a pretty big disliking for the Seahawks so this Superbowl was a great watch.

New England patriots

why well i was bored one night about 8 years ago so i decided to watch the nfl game that was on sky and it just happend to be the patriots against the jets so i said to my old man im going to start folllowing what ever team wins and well the rest is history

New England patriots

why well i was bored one night about 8 years ago so i decided to watch the nfl game that was on sky and it just happend to be the patriots against the jets so i said to my old man im going to start folllowing what ever team wins and well the rest is history

The Patriots are a bunch of cheating b'stards. However, I would still class that as a lucky escape. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been watching NFL for 33 years now. I watched the first Channel 4 broadcasts in 1982 and my first Superbowl was Washington - Miami with John Riggins the star of the show.

I went to my first game in Scotland somewhere in the mid-eighties: Glasgow Lions @ Edinburgh Blue Eagles played at Meadowbank. One of the earliest full kit games it had, if memory serves me right, a (record) crowd of around 6000 folk.

I was at the first Claymore's game at Murrayfield and watched them win their World Bowl.

Somewhere in the Eighties I picked the New Orleans Saints as my team, possibly because I liked Reuben Mayes at the time. I've seen Cajun Cannons, Dome Patrols and any number of busts drafted at running back.

Geaux Saints.

Atlanta falcon fan here. Ever since saw Deon "neon" Sanders play for them I have been hooked. Best win I witnessed was when they went to Vikings for championship game mid 90s when Vikings were untouchable with Chris Carter at WR. Been poor couple of seasons of late but expect much improvement this season.

Atlanta falcon fan here. Ever since saw Deon "neon" Sanders play for them I have been hooked. Best win I witnessed was when they went to Vikings for championship game mid 90s when Vikings were untouchable with Chris Carter at WR. Been poor couple of seasons of late but expect much improvement this season.

Been to see them twice at the Dome. 2012 NFC Championship game against the 49ers and Week 5 MNF vs Jet in 2013 Neither game went well for them. :thumbsdown

I am scheduled to be in Atlanta again this year. If you want to bribe me to stay away then make me an offer. :thumsup2

Been to see them twice at the Dome. 2012 NFC Championship game against the 49ers and Week 5 MNF vs Jet in 2013 Neither game went well for them. :thumbsdown

I am scheduled to be in Atlanta again this year. If you want to bribe me to stay away then make me an offer. :thumsup2

wow jealous even though we lost both those games !!! 2012 game was a sickner. A stronger head coach would have won a ring that year with the offence we had.

• 1 month later...

So...I'm contemplating changing which team I support. What's the consensus on how acceptable this is? I dont have any real affiliation to either team, other than following the Giants since I started watching NFL about 8 years ago.

I'd imagine it'll hinge on what team you fancy "changing" too

...I'd rather not say :ph34r:

It's not glory hunting if that's what you mean

...I'd rather not say :ph34r:

It's not glory hunting if that's what you mean

You know American sports fans have no issue with changing teams it's only us Europeans that feel dirty when we think about things like that!!!!

You know American sports fans have no issue with changing teams it's only us Europeans that feel dirty when we think about things like that!!!!

I know but I dont really talk to any Americans about it :lol: It's different because not many people have a local team I think.

Even still it feels dirty...like I'm cheating on my Giants with the sweetheart next door neighbour or something :(

There may be some exceptions for those who support teams with traditional rivalries like the Browns and Steelers or Chicago and Detroit.

Any #12 who became a 49ers fan...;)

So...I'm contemplating changing which team I support. What's the consensus on how acceptable this is? I dont have any real affiliation to either team, other than following the Giants since I started watching NFL about 8 years ago.

You can't leave it like that. Spill the beans...

You can't leave it like that. Spill the beans...

Well then I'm not getting unbiased opinions ;) The secrecy is key until I come to a decision

Well then I'm not getting unbiased opinions ;) The secrecy is key until I come to a decision

I think anyone apart from the Redskins, Cowgirls, Cheatriots, Buffalo or Jets would be acceptable ;)

It's the Jags isn't it? 8)

I think anyone apart from the Redskins, Cowgirls, Cheatriots, Buffalo or Jets would be acceptable ;)

It's the Jags isn't it? 8)

...why not the Bills? Also FT Eagles (its not them either)

Archived