The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies, my uncle is called Graeme with an E which may have caused the confusion.

I'll get the first round in next Thursday as way of apology. Lager tops? Or you leaving the Kia at home?

But I'm not your uncle and therefore your explanation isn't credible.

RE: Our night out - Eric text me 7:15 Wednesday Wheelhouse. Has he got it wrong? and yes you can buy the first round. I was looking into using that scooter firm that drive you home but I was quoted £60 to south Perthshire. f**k that. I think I will stay in that Formula one inn near the M9. It's meant to be absolutely shite but it's on the too do list. Might book in as Alain Prost and see if they get the humour.

#Christmasnightout.

#Wheelhouse

Matty used to be a bit of a fanny but he's quite a mellow c**t and has turned into a good poster and I dare say would probably be a good lad in real life. Granny danger never did say what was wrong with working in McDonald's...

I think you should look at his transformation for inspiration.

#Blacksheepofperthshire

I didn't realise Matty started the 50 worst posters thread and then didn't finish it :lol: Tremendous work.

I think he got to about number 14 or 15 and just left it. Over the last week or ten days he probably posted about two names.

RE: Our night out - Eric text me 7:15 Wednesday Wheelhouse. Has he got it wrong? and yes you can buy the first round. I was looking into using that scooter firm that drive you home but I was quoted £60 to south Perthshire. f**k that. I think I will stay in that Formula one inn near the M9. It's meant to be absolutely shite but it's on the too do list. Might book in as Alain Prost and see if they get the humour.

#Christmasnightout.

#Wheelhouse

My head's a mess tonight, is it Wednesday? I've left my diary in the office over the weekend so I can't even grab it and check right now.

Alain Prost might be a little obscure for them if they aren't massive race fans, maybe Nigel Mansell would be a safer option?

#Christmasnightout.

#Wheelhouse

But...but what about our review of the classic 3 Bean Veggie Chili at the Little Chef on the A9. :unsure:

#knockedbackforabetteroffer

AGHsJG5.gif

I think he got to about number 14 or 15 and just left it. Over the last week or ten days he probably posted about two names.

My head's a mess tonight, is it Wednesday? I've left my diary in the office over the weekend so I can't even grab it and check right now.

Alain Prost might be a little obscure for them if they aren't massive race fans, maybe Nigel Mansell would be a safer option?

I will phone the collector and report back latter, and then book the sordid travel motel as

Jarno Trulli?

Which is an excellent choice completing the debate. Indeed proving that happy endings don't only happen in movies.

But...but what about our review of the classic 3 Bean Veggie Chili at the Little Chef on the A9. :unsure:

#knockedbackforabetteroffer

AGHsJG5.gif

You know my feelings about the duo of Little chef's that bookend that particular stretch of the A9. I previously sent them a costed plan with a view to increase profitability by closing the south bound restaurant, extending the north-bound restaurant by 400 sq feet. Thus reducing rent and rates, enabling them the reduce the mark-up and increase turnover.

I don't even think they replied.

You know my feelings about the duo of Little chef's that bookend that particular stretch of the A9. I previously sent them a costed plan with a view to increase profitability by closing the south bound restaurant, extending the north-bound restaurant by 400 sq feet. Thus reducing rent and rates, enabling them the reduce the mark-up and increase turnover.

I don't even think they replied.

This would present itself with the opportunity to follow up all your hard work and experience the 3 bean chili.

Little Chef can be cruel at times though.

Quite, and for those reasons(and others) I'm meeting the collector and Marshy in the Wheelhouse.

Feel free to join up with myself and Granny Danger for a game of dominoes afterwards. First dots down at 7pm.

11. Francesc Fabregas

What you said: “always enjoy reading his posts, well informed and appreciate the effort which goes into them.”

“I never really loved him like other people seemed to, but he brought a humour to the forum that can't be overlooked.”

“Doesn't post as much any more, but the guy is a brilliant writer. He has such a fantastic way with words and his summary of each of the posters on the "Top 50 Most Influential Posters" thread were absolute genius.”

“his posts are always either funny or intelligent and although he doesn't come by too often anymore, he delivers when he does.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, one

The poll: As with most posters at this stage of proceedings, Fabregas featured highly on a number of people’s lists. In addition to his first place vote, Fabregas also picked up three third places, two fourths, a fifth, two sixth and two eighths, to give him eleven votes in total. He finished level on points with the poster above him so can count himself very unlucky not to make the top ten.

The poster: Fabregas doesn’t post as much as he used to these days, which is a real shame. When I first joined the site he was much more regular, and I’m sure if a poll had been run up until about 2011 he’d have been in with a great chance of winning this thing. As it is, he’s just missed out on the top ten.

Fabregas is one of the best football posters we’ve had on here IMO. I’m rarely in the seaside league forums but if I happen to stumble across a Stenny thread he’s a standout in that section. He was great value on the Misc Other Football forum as well. I think he’s probably the best writer we’ve had on P&B, and his knowledge is top notch. This has of course transferred over to the brilliant “Tell Him He’s Pele” site, where he’s one of the main contributors. This isn’t strictly P&B of course, but I think it’s a phenomenal site and he’s a great read on it. He uses the right mix of humour and insight to make his posts a compelling read, in addition to the level of detail provided. It’s a shame we don’t see these sort of posts on here as often, but that website gives us a platform to read his writing on a subject which deserves more coverage.

In General Nonsense Fabregas was also one of the best there’s been. His style of writing and his humour transferred well to that section as well. I’ll try to remember some of the highlights but I won’t be able to do him justice and I’m sure I’ll miss something out. Before my time I believe the “Akabusi Sex Tales” were pretty popular on here, with Fabregas the top contributor to these. I’ve had a read back on a couple and they were full of imagery which made me laugh. Another highlight in terms of individual posts was in the famous Jojo thread (the one featuring the MSN conversations about going on dates). In here, Fabregas detailed his plan for taking Emma Watson on a date in Falkirk, which I believe had a rough timeline of circular bus -> Cineworld -> McDonalds -> fingering (depending on the success of stages 1-3). I’m not sure why it sticks in my mind but I can remember ending myself laughing at the way it was written. More long term themes included his contempt for Kilt, which is always a good thing. His commitment to giving Kilt red dots was inspirational. I also enjoyed red dotting that old creep. He used to make some cracking posts at Kilt’s expense which made me laugh a fair bit. A more recent highlight was his rundown of the individuals in the “50 Most Influential Posters” thread, which as usual was brilliantly funny.

I think that Fabregas should be one of the top ten posters in this poll, possibly top five. I think the only reason he isn’t is that he’s been so much quieter over the last couple of years. His comparatively low green dot count would seem to support this. I follow him on Twitter and he’s great on there, plus there’s the Tell Him He’s Pele stuff, so there’s a good amount of patter out there to read from him. P&B misses him though.

Archived