The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I right in thinking ICTChris is the one who enjoys a visit to Edinburgh's The Phoenix? If so, some boi.

Marshy deserves his place, irrespective of running the poll. The Club Dece t-shirt put down was a perfectly executed, perfectly timed smackdown that was months in the making. A thing of absolute beauty.

Am I right in thinking ICTChris is the one who enjoys a visit to Edinburgh's The Phoenix? If so, some boi.

Marshy deserves his place, irrespective of running the poll. The Club Dece t-shirt put down was a perfectly executed, perfectly timed smackdown that was months in the making. A thing of absolute beauty.

I have been there but don't think I've posted about it on here.

Ooft, imagine discussing the entrants' worthiness in a thread about the Top 50 Best Posters in P&B. Amazing, right?

He was added to the list a while back, time and a place and all that.

12. mattydfc

What you said : “Does what h e wants. I used to bully him but he's manned up well.”

“His failure to finish the 50 Worst Posters thread was quite funny, and annoyed XBL a lot.”

“funny guy, and he's soond. There must be something in the Dundonian water...”

“cheeky young scamp, does'nt appear to give a f**k.”

Did he get any first places?: No

The poll: First place was the only place which Matty didn’t receive a nomination for – he picked up at least one nomination in every other position (with two in fifth, three in sixth and two in eighth). The thirteen votes he accumulated was the sixth highest of anyone in the poll, which is a fantastic achievement. He finished just four points off a top ten spot with a total of 68.

The poster: A man who is no stranger to “Top 50” threads, mattydfc just misses out on the top ten. He’s only been on the site for about four and a half years but he’s become an integral part of the forum and one of my personal favourites over the years. A large amount of you obviously rate him as highly as I do.

I see quite a lot of Matty in all areas of the forum since Falkirk and Dundee have been midcard teams for the vast majority of our time on P&B. I have the good fortune of reading a lot of his football posts as a result. He’s got some good patter in the divisional forums and is pretty funny, but it’s obvious he has a strong knowledge about his side and he’s massively passionate. That passion was never more evident than when Dundee were in financial turmoil (doesn’t narrow it down much LOL) and Matty was out pulling nines on a Friday night. The pitch at Dens was covered in snow and a steaming Matty showed up to clear the pitch at 6am. I may be mistaken but the game was played meaning Dundee could get a bigger Saturday crowd in, and Matty was singled out for his dedication on the website. This is an underrated story on P&B IMO, it’s brilliant.

In General Nonsense Matty has established himself well over the years. The height of his fame of course came when he ran the “50 Worst Posters” thread which was the predecessor to this one. I think the turnout was relatively high for this, and tension built as we all waited to see who would make up the list of shitey posters. At first, Matty’s updates were fairly regular and we saw some cracking meltdowns. However, as he reached the top of the list he would postpone the write ups, usually citing the excuse that he was out getting his hole. This became a more and more frequent occurrence (putting off the write-ups that is, I can’t comment on the regularity of his shagging), which enraged a number of P&B users. Matty began playing up to this and he took a fair amount of abuse. It was hilarious to watch, and the rage he inspired was a sight to behold. I fair enjoyed the image of a Dundonian guy in his late teens laughing as he checked his phone when his burd was sleeping whilst middle aged men with nothing better to do accused him of being a bottle job or being incapable of finishing a job. He should have finished off the list though, I think the thread had legs in it for further meltdowns with the full lot revealed.

Elsewhere on GN Matty is probably best known for living the dece lifestyle to the full. He’s not shy about talking about where his boaby is going, and I respect his commitment to the Club DECE thread. The summer of DECE was the golden age of P&B and Matty contributed to it immensely. He’s not shy of calling a throbber a throbber on here, and his simple putdowns usually raise a chuckle. His patter is pretty good and he’s the sort of guy I’d be mates with in real life. He claimed the scalp of Old Man Danger when OMD posted a photo of him in a thread a year after the photo was posted, resulting in OMD taking some stick and reacting very poorly to it.

Matty this high up is good to see IMO, he’s a cracking poster and I think almost everybody likes him on here. He’s grown up a lot over the last five years or so and is better now than he’s ever been I feel. If he’s finished the top 50 thread I think he could have made the top ten here, the gap wasn’t huge and it would’ve made that thread even more memorable. Good addition though, I’m sure you’ll agree.

Marshmallo, on 30 Nov 2013 - 20:57, said:

I see quite a lot of Matty in all areas of the forum since Falkirk and Dundee have been midcard teams for the vast majority of our time on P&B. I have the good fortune of reading a lot of his football posts as a result. He’s got some good patter in the divisional forums and is pretty funny, but it’s obvious he has a strong knowledge about his side and he’s massively passionate. That passion was never more evident than when Dundee were in financial turmoil (doesn’t narrow it down much LOL) and Matty was out pulling nines on a Friday night. The pitch at Dens was covered in snow and a steaming Matty showed up to clear the pitch at 6am. I may be mistaken but the game was played meaning Dundee could get a bigger Saturday crowd in, and Matty was singled out for his dedication on the website. This is an underrated story on P&B IMO, it’s brilliant.

We got pumped 4-0 that game. Matty singlehandedly cost us a cup run.

Matty should be every young persons role model. Laid back, easy going, yet normally fully erect. I would like to thing my bullying from years 09-11 shaped the young man.

I'm fortunate enough to know him in real life and he's got the gift of the gab, dresses well but is absolutely awful at Golf and 8 ball pool.

I think I voted him about 4th so I'm delighted to see him feature high up on the list.

The best bit about mattys 'career' on here is his development from bewildered young laddie into the master of one liners and pumping the opposite sex.

It's like he's been here man and boy. Or 'boi', if you prefer.

Matty should be every young persons role model.    Laid back, easy going, yet normally fully erect.    I would like to thing my bullying from years 09-11 shaped the young man.  

I'm fortunate enough to know him in real life and he's got the gift of the gab, dresses well but is absolutely awful at Golf and 8 ball pool.  

I think I voted him about 4th so I'm delighted to see him feature high up on the list. 

I was your number 4 Graeme.

Previously I would have believed you.   However, your inability to spell a simple name (which is also yours) makes me sceptical.  

Regardless, Matty featured high on my list of choices. 

Apologies, my uncle is called Graeme with an E which may have caused the confusion.

I'll get the first round in next Thursday as way of apology. Lager tops? Or you leaving the Kia at home?

Archived