The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

What is it about Saint Johnstone fans and their inability to deal with failure? I hope we don't have another 'Savo for mod' breakdown on our hands.

^^^

Not even in the top half of Scottish league football clubs. 22nd of 42. Gutter.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to delve back into the archives of my memories, but simply couldn't remember any of the old names. Olaf Thom, Francesc Fabregas.. Didn't particularly like either of them. Was only recently reminded of bairnagain who might have made my list. Otherwise, nobody made a lasting impression on me as a youngster. My top 10 was made up of people who currently post. I have been involved in many conversations with Granny Danger on P&B and have found him to be a likeable and decent poster all-round. I would rather include posters like him than some of the solid yet unspectacular posters on this list who I have barely heard of.

As I said, you'll get my vote next time x

Bairnagain? Seriously? He was a terrible poster.

The old days > the new days

^^ Bairnagain's very mantra.

I remember when everyone used to have membership 'numbers'. He used to bang on about how he didn't read anyone's posts if they weren't 1 of the first 500 members. All well in good if he was joking, but I really don't think he was.

Number 198 8)

This just makes me feel old :(

Bairnagain is a good guy, I met him for a pint or two before a Caley Falkirk game once.

P&B is very different now to the way it was in the first few years, I think it's probably funnier, certainly faster moving and harder to keep up with. Overall I'd say that it's better than it has ever been, I was only fucking wit ya when I said old days > new days.

Number 198 8)

This just makes me feel old :(

Bairnagain is a good guy, I met him for a pint or two before a Caley Falkirk game once.

P&B is very different now to the way it was in the first few years, I think it's probably funnier, certainly faster moving and harder to keep up with. Overall I'd say that it's better than it has ever been, I was only fucking wit ya when I said old days > new days.

I'm 498, so I just made it 8)

It is indeed different. I think the general chatter forum is better, but the football chat isn't quite as good. I liked the old first division board with the likes of you guys, Falkirk, St Mirren, Clyde and even the precious Hamilton fans at that time. Plus the Hibs/Hearts tedium in the SPL forum is horrific.

I'm pretty sure it was him who posted a picture of Mattyd(ece)fc straight from his hard drive. </3

I've never got the outrage about this. How else would you post a picture? Unless you'd link it after scouring the internet for one which would be creepier imo.

I've never got the outrage about this. How else would you post a picture? Unless you'd link it after scouring the internet for one which would be creepier imo.

The picture had been posted in a thread from a year before. A year.

Sorry, but I don't just have to hand pictures that PnB'ers posted yesterday, let alone last year.

And the cropping was just creepy.

Creepy cropping.

To be fair, I used to save pictures to my hard-drive then attach them in a post then delete them again before I realised the much easier way of just pasting it in. Doubt Danger was very technologically minded, so just went and hunted the thread down in order to save it and attach it.

The picture had been posted in a thread from a year before. A year.

Sorry, but I don't just have to hand pictures that PnB'ers posted yesterday, let alone last year.

And the cropping was just creepy.

Creepy cropping.

I must say Gus, it's not like you to blow shit out of proportion...

ETA: I'll await the predictable Big Gus response...

Archived