The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

I can't remember the photo, or if it was cropped in a particularly sinister way. But it does seem to me that if any younger poster did the same it wouldn't have created all the fuss. Because he was a bit older, and in some kind of dispute with Matty, he must be a paedo. And it's not surprising Granny would be easily wound up by that.

It was insinuated to the max though, not least by Big Gus above..

Was it? Despite Matty, presumably, being over 16?

I'd still say it's weird to have a photo of someone you barely know off of a messageboard, then to crop it only adds to how weird it is. And that's regardless of age. (what I will say is that it'd probably be acceptable if he'd put a funny caption on it or something in an attempt to make a meme out of it, that's probably the only way he gets out of that)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
forehead7, on 29 Nov 2013 - 19:24, said:

Was it? Despite Matty, presumably, being over 16?

I'd still say it's weird to have a photo of someone you barely know off of a messageboard, then to crop it only adds to how weird it is. And that's regardless of age. (what I will say is that it'd probably be acceptable if he'd put a funny caption on it or something in an attempt to make a meme out of it, that's probably the only way he gets out of that)

I doubt he had it on his hard-drive for over a year though, he most likely just went to the original thread at the time he had the 'bright idea' and saved it then to use. Don't think it's too weird tbh, unless he was making sinister comments about Matty's pumpability, then alarm bells should have been ringing.

If he had kept it in its original state and posted it in some sort "lol matty hangs wi jakeys' gag he might have got away with it but he did use it to pointscore about appearance. I'd have left the fact matty was hanging off the side of one the UK's most famous jakeballs in for comedy effect myself.

Anyway it caused no 'outrage' at the time despite some people seeking it out. You could wind the Auld yin up in much more easy ways than suggesting saving and cropping that picture was a wee bit on the Fritzl side.

This all begs the question as to why mattys on here just now. Most of us are here as we have no life, yet hes showing us proof of having one yet remains here, as if to mock us. As if to mock us all.

You enjoy yourself getting pished and using this site. I'm not bothered, I've got an interesting life too

bb-shrooms.gif

15. ICTChris

What you said: “Winner of best poster a few years in a row. I never quite loved him to the levels that others seemed to, but appreciate what he brought to the forum.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, two

The poll: There was a pretty big gap between ICTChris and the group of three directly below him. In addition to his two first place votes, Chris also picked up six other nominations – a second, a third, a fifth, a sixth, a seventh and a ninth. He’s the highest poster in the list to have received a single figure number of votes.

The poster: ICTChris has been on P&B for over a decade. Over that time he’s won various “Poster of the Year” awards and has remained hugely relevant over time. Despite this, he looked as though he was going to be much further down the poll. He picked up a large number of points on the very last day of voting though, which catapulted him up a good few places. I’m glad tbh.

I would say that ICTChris is the ultimate all rounder in terms of P&B posters. I mean this as a complement and I hope it’s taken as such. I enjoy his contributions on a wide variety of topics. In the football sections I’ve always found him to be a solid poster whenever I’ve read him. The Inverness fans are a good group in general I’d say, decent humour and fairly intelligent. As I’ve said on other write-ups, I’m unfortunately not in the Premiership forum much. He’s decent value on Misc Other Football as well though. I enjoy his contributions to the MMA and Boxing threads as well. He’s not as active in those topics as he used to be, which is a shame. If you read this get back into it, I liked your knowledge of the British stuff in particular.

ICTChris is at his best in General Nonsense though. I probably get more news from his threads than anywhere else on the internet if I’m honest. I like his wee catchphrase as well, asking if anyone on P&B has been involved in the often ridiculous situations he seems to find. I’ve always hoped that I’d eventually be able to say aye to one of those questions. These threads sum up Chris’ contributions quite well for me, they have a good element of humour to them but at the same time show off that he’s quite brainy and capable of a good level of discussion. He has a cracking variation of humour as well. He can produce the one liners which raise a smile but he’s also got some cracking anecdotes in the threads which require little ‘stories’. I love these threads (the current farting in public one is a recent example). Chris’ best contribution in one of those threads was about the guy he used to work with who had something up with him (I want to say drink problem?) and he sang pretty much everything he did. It was very well written and far more amusing than I can do justice here. He’s sound as f**k as well from any interaction I’ve had with him, although I am slightly freaked out that he had a dream about me when he was in bed with his wife while they were on holiday. It was wonderfully described though so I’ll allow it.

I could never write a comprehensive appraisal of a decade of someone of Chris’ quality in a write up of this length, so apologies if this seems a bit generalised. He’s one of my favourite posters though. I’m sure you all have guys that you’ll look for, and if they’ve posted last in a thread you’ll go and read the last page or so to see what’s going on. ICTChris is one of those guys for me. He’s brilliant. He was scandalously low in the list before the last day or so of voting, which was making me annoyed more than almost anything in the poll if I’m honest. I still think he’s too low despite 15th being a strong finish. A strong top ten would have been more fitting given his longevity and consistency.

14. Marshmallo

What you said: “#dece”

“Between you and me this poster is an awful person and I'm voting for him through pure pity. #onlykiddingtopposter”

“v. v. dece poster”

“Dece bois cabinet minister. Gets the Doss lads telt on a regular basis.”

“Aye, alright. He's a good guy too and aw.”

Did he get any first places?: No

The poll: The lowest poster on the list to pick up a double figure total of votes, and the highest poster on the list with just one top three nomination. I got twelve votes in total: a second, three fourths, a fifth, two sixths, two sevenths, an eighth and two tenths.

The poster: I believe I finished in too high a position as I was running the poll. I’ve no doubt a few people ran out of ideas a bit trying to fill a ten and stuck me on as they think I’m alright. If someone else was running this poll I’d take a punt at me mixing it with the likes of Yoda and Smurph. So aye, thanks to those who voted for me but you all fucked up a bit. Better than ICTChris, for example? Not a chance.

Archived