Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Fraserburgh is terrible, but Peterhead is equally awful

I've spent a bit of time in Peterhead and I have to tell you, you are wrong. It's not Rio by any stretch of the imagination but it's nowhere near as bad as Fraserburgh. If I was made to move to either of those places, I'd pick Peterhead any day of the week. Especially a fucking Sunday.

I didn't read that. I just liked the first bit, sounds fine to me.

Was it not you that said you drink in the Two Heided Man too?

As an aside, do you reckon that place will get more or less business now, what with it having a double headed cartoon Rolf on the outside?

Fraserburgh is terrible, but Peterhead is equally awful

I've spent a bit of time in Peterhead and I have to tell you, you are wrong. It's not Rio by any stretch of the imagination but it's nowhere near as bad as Fraserburgh. If I was made to move to either of those places, I'd pick Peterhead any day of the week. Especially a fucking Sunday.

You have your view I have mine, most people are stuck in Peterhead are either from there or are there very much against their will

I take it that the only reason that Port Glasgow had rarely been mentioned is that it is so far out in front of the most god awful places race that it has slipped from people's minds.

I grew up in Kilmacolm and went to school in Port Glasgow and that was a real culture shock.

A couple of years ago we drove through it on the way to visit my Mum and my daughters both commented on why so many house windows were either wooden or metal.

It has absolutely no redeeming features except the view across the Clyde from the top of the hill.

Though to be fair it is equally bigoted with Port Glasgow Rangers and Shamrock being the names of the Juvenile football teams.

Far be it from me to defend Port Glasgow, which should have been annexed, demolished and turned into something useful by Greenock town authorities a century ago, but... at least it's not a pointless, creepy backwater like Kilmacolm.

Was it not you that said you drink in the Two Heided Man too?

As an aside, do you reckon that place will get more or less business now, what with it having a double headed cartoon Rolf on the outside?

I don't remember that, but I do acknowledge Fraserburgh is a coup really, with Peterhead not much behind. Airdrie used to play as the big team in the Buchan Cup and it was always bedlam. The fishermen are all head cases and on later visits this has been,added to by east European loonies. A heady mix of quite a lot of money in the hands of dangerously unstable people who all seem to be kamikaze alcoholics and drug addicts.

Far be it from me to defend Port Glasgow, which should have been annexed, demolished and turned into something useful by Greenock town authorities a century ago, but... at least it's not a pointless, creepy backwater like Kilmacolm.

Which is why I moved away a long time ago.

Lochgelly's some place, and so is Drongan, they'd be my two worst and I've been to pretty much every town in Scotland.

Fife and Ayrshire always struck me as remarkably similar.

Both on the arse end of big cities, both have similar sounding accents and both are full of hick towns stuck in the 1970's.

Sorry Lex but wrong 1870 more like....I lived more or less my life in Fife 3 to 18 with comings and goings with father having jobs here and there all over the world but kept heading back to the Kingdom. I completely agree that the place is a shitehole, full of arsholes (well where would all the shite come from). Places like Cardenden(Bowhill), Ballingry & Lochgelly are no go zones for outsiders (even for other Fifers).

For all the Fifer out there older than 30 must have heard or been to the Bowhill Club, think of Deliverance movie, with 200 folk drinking, dancing & fighting, cheep drink tho, ken

I could be very wrong but are you referring to the shitehole that is the Glenwood Centre in Glenrothes? If so it has H&M Bakers, Chinese, Hairdressers, Launderette and even a Coral too I think. Garages round the back and some no very braw flats to put it nicely. If this is not the right place then apologies to anyone that happens to live there. :lol::P

No it's no that one mate, been there and measured them too though, that's Minto Crescent in Glenrothes!! There's one that's worse! I'll resume search later it's doing my nut in.

I don't remember that, but I do acknowledge Fraserburgh is a coup really, with Peterhead not much behind. Airdrie used to play as the big team in the Buchan Cup and it was always bedlam. The fishermen are all head cases and on later visits this has been,added to by east European loonies. A heady mix of quite a lot of money in the hands of dangerously unstable people who all seem to be kamikaze alcoholics and drug addicts.

Great times :lol:

Sorry Lex but wrong 1870 more like....I lived more or less my life in Fife 3 to 18 with comings and goings with father having jobs here and there all over the world but kept heading back to the Kingdom. I completely agree that the place is a shitehole, full of arsholes (well where would all the shite come from). Places like Cardenden(Bowhill), Ballingry & Lochgelly are no go zones for outsiders (even for other Fifers).

For all the Fifer out there older than 30 must have heard or been to the Bowhill Club, think of Deliverance movie, with 200 folk drinking, dancing & fighting, cheep drink tho, ken

I feel I should leap to Fife's defence here. Quite a few people on this thread saying "Fife is a shitehole" then using these same 2 or 3 neighbouring towns as examples. That area is pretty grim but appears to be the only part of Fife anyone has ever visited, resulting in the perception of the whole region being based on this.

I've lived in Fife my whole life and have never been to Lochgelly or Ballingry. Us posh Fifers with Dundee postcodes don't mix with the riff-raff.

I feel I should leap to Fife's defence here. Quite a few people on this thread saying "Fife is a shitehole" then using these same 2 or 3 neighbouring towns as examples. That area is pretty grim but appears to be the only part of Fife anyone has ever visited, resulting in the perception of the whole region being based on this.

I've lived in Fife my whole life and have never been to Lochgelly or Ballingry. Us posh Fifers with Dundee postcodes don't mix with the riff-raff.

ok I take back Fife in a whole is not and no where near a shitehole (only the people :) ), why you never been to the heart of Fife? Where you from I then give a comment ( I was glenrothes '80 & Kirkcaldy '90 in the posh areas ^_^ )

I love staying in Fife, that said Ballingry is one of the worst places Ive been.

Still on the hunt for the evasive Fife shopping centre, I've come across Martin Crescent in Ballingry. You can near guarantee that there are people there who have never needed to leave that single street, never mind village, in years.

ok I take back Fife in a whole is not and no where near a shitehole (only the people :) ), why you never been to the heart of Fife? Where you from I then give a comment ( I was glenrothes '80 & Kirkcaldy '90 in the posh areas ^_^ )

I've always lived in northeast Fife, Newport/Wormit/Tayport. It's pretty much just commuter towns for Dundee's universities and hospital etc up here. Dundee is closer than any town in Fife so up here is much more Dundee-oriented than Fife really (minus the Dundee accent).

Never been down that way other than passing by on the A92. Don't have friends or other connections there really apart from one who moved to Kirkcaldy, which I quite like for the occasional visit and night out. Glenrothes is only 20 mins down the road but I've never actually been into the town, though it has never struck me as a particularly unpleasant place tbh.