Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Are you talking about "the gunner" being the pub? If so you're correct and it was a total shitehole, but I think it's closed now.

For what it's worth, Broomhouse and wester hailes are both much worse than Pilton, from what I've seen.

Aye!  That's the one.   I used to be on the early shift so would get my break at 11am.  A trip up to the shopping centre for some scran was like taking your life in your hands!  I remember once a pished guy standing outside the gunner having a pish.  Only he wasn't bothering to use his hands, instead he swaying about, with his manhood hanging out, lashing away without a care in the world.

The new call centre is further along towards Granton.  It used to be just a bit further down towards Silverknowes.  A good few years ago now though, night and day to today.  I think most of the area still resembled sets from trainspotting/the acid house back then

There is a big British Gas building near the Morrisons at the waterfront which looks like a lovely place to work. All by the waterfront is nice there up marine drive up to the roundabout where it gets a bit ugly. Could be far worse though.

Aye!  That's the one.   I used to be on the early shift so would get my break at 11am.  A trip up to the shopping centre for some scran was like taking your life in your hands!  I remember once a pished guy standing outside the gunner having a pish.  Only he wasn't bothering to use his hands, instead he swaying about, with his manhood hanging out, lashing away without a care in the world.

Aye think it shut down around this time last year, but up until then there was always guys outside it steaming regardless of time of day. Pretty sure it didn't have any windows either.

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

There is a big British Gas building near the Morrisons at the waterfront which looks like a lovely place to work. All by the waterfront is nice there up marine drive up to the roundabout where it gets a bit ugly. Could be far worse though.

Yeah, they were in the process of moving along there when I worked there, and I think I maybe was in the new building a month or so before moving on.

It's a purpose built building and looks out over the water.  I suppose in the call centre world it's not so bad.  Wouldn't want to go back though.  Happy days at the time

There's no way Merkinch is worse than some of the schemes in Alness.  Not a chance.

Tbf, there are plenty of places which don't have many below the poverty line, but are rammed with utter minks, with minkery being ingrained in their highly localised near-closed society. Bit of spare cash for drugs and booze in contrast to those staying at home constantly or queuing up at the food bank.

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Definitely happens in Shetland as well. There must be some plan to plant these people into the outer reaches of Scotland, out of sight, out of mind.

Yep.  Let someone else deal with it.  Typical Weegie mindset IMO.

You can when you build more attractive buildings there which they have done with Eaat Pilton. I suggest next time you have a Saturday off you take the wife to the area for a day out, you can even stay a night at the Pilton Hilton. Wester Hailes is a far worse area but yet gets mentioned in similar terms of shite hole as Pilton which is very unfair.

Sounds like a great idea.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Well that's a lot of utter tripe! emoji2.png

Got any examples of this or are you happy to concede you've just completely made that up?

I sense another heads-gone and name change may be on the horizon for you Billy/Pete/Fat Joe...

You've been up all night drafting that reply haven't you?  There is literally chance I'm going to explain myself to you by providing examples, even quoting one of your posts makes me nauseous.

23 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Morningside is full of massive wankers.

I'm often in Morningside. Point taken. 

Leith is cool - reminds of East London. 

Not sure yet about my new 'hood (probably moving to Juniper Green in November). Seems like Shandon but on the far side of the Bypass.