Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Yes I am

Did you not watch your dad getting battered? Your opinion to me is eternal nothingness

Get some new material c**t lips. You're from a universally recognised cesspit of humanity; you're the last person to pass judgment on anyone's place of residence.

Also, learn to punctuate your posts as well, you fucking walloper.

Get some new material c**t lips. You're from a universally recognised cesspit of humanity; you're the last person to pass judgment on anyone's place of residence.

Also, learn to punctuate your posts as well, you fucking walloper.

Did you not then post on here asking who had done it.

Feel bad for you

Dundee. :lol:

Nae bather. Maybe back in the 60s and 70s. Only significantly iffy part is Whitfield, which even then isn't all THAT bad. Are you from Greenock?

Don't even think Whitfields that bad now, thing on the news last night saying its reduced 65% in size, a lot of shite pulled down and the areas had quite a bit invested in it.

Fintry and Douglas seem like the worst areas to me. Dundee on the whole is fine though.

Don't even think Whitfields that bad now, thing on the news last night saying its reduced 65% in size, a lot of shite pulled down and the areas had quite a bit invested in it.

Fintry and Douglas seem like the worst areas to me. Dundee on the whole is fine though.

Fintry isn't that bad either. I'll give you Douglas though, no redeeming features at all, and the houses are fucking awful.

Is there some tough scheme called Fintry? The Fintry I know is a posh wee village between Loch Lomond and Stirling. Nice squash club and good quality local ice cream. A pal lived there until a couple of years back and his neighbour across the way was Richard 'Sportsound' Gordon.

Is there some tough scheme called Fintry? The Fintry I know is a posh wee village between Loch Lomond and Stirling. Nice squash club and good quality local ice cream. A pal lived there until a couple of years back and his neighbour across the way was Richard 'Sportsound' Gordon.

It was a rough scheme in Dundee when you're going out towards Forfar. Now it's pretty tame.

Good pub there

Eta Fintry Inn I think it's called. Quite nice for a meal

Dundee is absolutely fine for anyone visiting or anyone with a salary over 20K who wanted to live there. Places like Lochee are obviously a heap but I would question why it would affect your experience of Dundee in any way.

Fintry is fine. Mostly family houses, plenty amenities and good bus service.

Most of Whitfield has been torn down from the days Dundee had the most social housing west of iron curtain but there is a reason that in a dozen years of SIMD data it has never shifted from the bottom 5%.

For the real absolute pits in Dundee it's mostly in the west these days. Central Kirkton, Polepark, Whorterbank, Menzieshill and also the ever reliable tap o the hull.

Would've thought Whitfield would've changed a bit with all the new development outside Douglas and it's proximity to the Ferry. Never spent much time there in the past I definitely won't be there again but I'd be surprised if that was one of the worst areas in the country now.

Edited by Fat Joe da Gangsta

I lived in Greenock for a couple of years in the 90's.  Although it has its problems like all of post Industrial Scotland I never found it exceptionally bad.  It's really much the same as large parts of Lanarkshire or Ayrshire.

The worst place in that neck of the woods is Port Glasgow, the whole atmosphere is sort of like that you might find around an agonized dying animal lying decaying in a damp cranny under gloomy skies, having been fatally wounded by a heroin addict.  Bogston, just utterly depressing and Woodhall, a throw back to the Glasgow slums in the 1930s.

I did voluntary work in the East End of Glasgow between '96 and '98 and the worst places were Haghill (for poverty) and Cranhill (for scary as fuckness).  Haghill was a strange one because it was only a short walk from Alexandria Parade which is absolutely fine but walk down into the schemes.  That whole area has been bulldozed now.  They have knocked down a lot of the worst housing in Cranhill as well although still feels a bit edgy but it's nowhere near as bad as it was back then.  It was fucking terrifying back then.

Its possible I've made an error in crunching the numbers but are you sure you weren't looking at Inverclyde?

I'll double check tomorrow

I possibly was.

I think, all kidding aside, that areas that are familiar don't seem as bad. Whereas unfamiliar areas can easily be written of at face value. So everywhere can be good or bad depending on what part you see first.

Ferguslie still deserved of the crown though. Long live the King

Dundee is absolutely fine for anyone visiting or anyone with a salary over 20K who wanted to live there. Places like Lochee are obviously a heap but I would question why it would affect your experience of Dundee in any way.

Fintry is fine. Mostly family houses, plenty amenities and good bus service.

Most of Whitfield has been torn down from the days Dundee had the most social housing west of iron curtain but there is a reason that in a dozen years of SIMD data it has never shifted from the bottom 5%.

For the real absolute pits in Dundee it's mostly in the west these days. Central Kirkton, Polepark, Whorterbank, Menzieshill and also the ever reliable tap o the hull.

Polepark is bizarre, walk past it every day, just seems really out of place. Still not braved going into the Bay Horse or Bissells, both look like absolute dives. I also thought Menzieshill was quite a nice area too, f**k sake.