Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

22 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Whenever this thread goes back up to the top it strikes me that it would make a good World Cup style competition: regional qualification rounds, a final 32, groups, knockout rounds, a final. P&B could really settle this once and for all.

But I'm not doing it.

Contenders for me include New Cumnock, Lesmahagow, and Methil. Methil probably shades it though.

Is it a poll thread you're looking for? I know a guy

2 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I think everyone expects everywhere in the Highlands to be beautiful, idyllic villages, where in reality you'd charitably describe most places as functional. The fact that Drumnadrochit reckons it's the prettiest village in the Highlands doesn't set the bar very high. Sure, there's a few bonny places, but often it's the location rather than the buildings.

Also, Alness > Invergordon.

Drumnadrochit? It's a tip. The dilapidated building the chippy and CoOp are in at one end and the bizarre Bond Villain hideout hotel at the other.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Drumnadrochit? It's a tip. The dilapidated building the chippy and CoOp are in at one end and the bizarre Bond Villain hideout hotel at the other.

Passed through many times but never stopped. Been told there are nicer bits away from the main road.

10 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I feel like the pans was the inspiration for Frankie Boyle's observation you can tell you're from a dump if there are murals on the walls

You must have seen a lot worse places in Scotland than the pans. There's some grim areas with nothing to aspire to apart from getting all redneck together. 

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

There is (or was) one of those signs saying something like "Welcome to Drunadrochit, the prettiest village in the Highlands". If I remember correctly it's just before the two feuding Nessie tourist traps museums. 

5 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Fair enough, but it's far from being the worst town in the country. 

Know someone that has just moved there (had been told they moved to Edinburgh but turns out it was Prestonpans) and they said it’s okay. Is it really that bad?

Edited by Honest_Man#1

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Know someone that has just moved there (had been told they moved to Edinburgh but turns out it was Prestonpans) and they said it’s okay. Is it really that bad?

It's boring but a decent enough commuter town. 

Invergordon.
An absolute cunthole filled with council estates and feral children running about.  Absolutely zero to do for any age group.
The port is a right old laugh too, a few months ago, the 5th (now 6th) biggest bruise ship in the world, the MSC Meraviglia came into town, there was about 40 coaches from Inverness there parked along the front waiting to pick the passengers up and get them to fuck for the day so they don't actually have to see the place.  
It's also full of absolute breeds.  Probably to do with my previous council estate remark.

Still full of oil rigs?

Blackridge, West Lothian always struck me as the sort of foresaken place you'd expect Clint Eastwood to ride into and slaughter the whole population for wrongly lynching someone HIgh Plains Drifter style. 

5c35375487478_highplainsdrifter.jpg.d5b36dbdc909a182efa2f0843fbefefa.jpg

another job completed by the West Lothian Council Road Signs Department.