Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Arbroath isn't too bad if you avoid Mayf and Wardykes, Montrose is probably alright if you're old or if you want to raise a family but it's actually a really boring place to live for someone my age. Brechin and Forfar on the other hand are just shite.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I went there about 9, place was deed, 4 older guys away with it and the barman drinking with them too. Couldn't comment.

Didn't come across that way but I'm told by guys in work that they watched an OF game in there and the pub was singing the Bloobells are Blue so it's entirely possible.

Not sure where this boozer is but the Bloobells are Blue is a little ditty in the direction of Lochee United. 

Should be absolutely nowhere near it, on the whole a nice place, the harbour, abbey, cliffs, beaches etc just push it up a notch from the other Angus towns (I mean Forfar and Montrose, Brechin isn't even worth mentioning, horrendous). There's genuinely a couple of areas/streets I'd class as dodgy/tinky. Not bad for a town of 25k.

Is Pie Bob's still in Arbroath? This is going back a decade lol

18 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Dundee is absolutely fine for anyone visiting or anyone with a salary over 20K who wanted to live there. Places like Lochee are obviously a heap but I would question why it would affect your experience of Dundee in any way.

Fintry is fine. Mostly family houses, plenty amenities and good bus service.

Most of Whitfield has been torn down from the days Dundee had the most social housing west of iron curtain but there is a reason that in a dozen years of SIMD data it has never shifted from the bottom 5%.

For the real absolute pits in Dundee it's mostly in the west these days. Central Kirkton, Polepark, Whorterbank, Menzieshill and also the ever reliable tap o the hull.

Nothing wrong with poley 8)

Arbroath isn't too bad if you avoid Mayf and Wardykes, Montrose is probably alright if you're old or if you want to raise a family but it's actually a really boring place to live for someone my age. Brechin and Forfar on the other hand are just shite.

Aye I think the Mo is reasonably nice too, especially in and around the front. Mayf isn't bad now at all, all done up, flats all knocked down. Warddykes is the area I was thinking of earlier when I said the tinky areas.

Pie Bobs is still there aye, personally think it's shite though.

2 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

How many times has Falkirk been mentioned in this thread? Can't be bothered to go back and count.

According to a search
Falkirk has 16 hits level with Paisley but still behind Port Glasgow on 18

They've all got one more after this post
EDIT:
Greenock Scores 33

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

According to a search

EDIT:
Greenock Scores 33

I've never heard of Port Glasgow before.  It can't be worse than Falkirk, Paisley or Greenock surely?

Edited by Fat Joe da Gangsta

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

According to a search

EDIT:
Greenock Scores 33

I refuse to acknowledge any existence of Greenock. Far better off living in arrogance than believing that such a fundamental hell hole could ever exist on this land.

Greenock: both the current export and cruise ship capital of Scotland; the historic, industrial hub that single-handedly dragged Scotland from its backward, peasant irrelevance into modernity; birthplace of James Watt, Scotland's most significant inventor. The cornerstone upon which all modern Scotland is based, as Scotland's finest historian, Richard Finlay, acknowledged.

You're all very welcome, bumpkins.

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Greenock: both the current export and cruise ship capital of Scotland; the historic, industrial hub that single-handedly dragged Scotland from its backward, peasant irrelevance into modernity; birthplace of James Watt, Scotland's most significant inventor. The cornerstone upon which all modern Scotland is based, as Scotland's finest historian, Richard Finlay, acknowledged.

You're all very welcome, bumpkins.

What? What? Who? What? Who?