Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

All this talk about players being tried once and being shite is a bit short sighted.  Players like Burke and Harper have been thrown into a disorganised shambles to somehow change the fortunes of a very downbeat and negative team . This was always going to end badly . 

As was stated, now is the time to seriously start building a team around the younger players as our current campaign is now fucked.  By seriously I would suggest giving more than just one player at a time a run of games . England have had to do it and they have stuck by the youngsters despite some very poor results.   That is probably the sensible option but until Chesney either walks  or has a dramatic change of mindset, this is never going to happen. 

I can see this current situation of monotonous negative failure continue till well into the next campaign with all the young prospects getting one game to prove themselves worthy of a sideways or backward pass to keep possession to try and keep the scores respectable. 

The likes of Gauld and Souttar are well advised to stay away from this soul destroying set up until someone has the balls to admit that Chesney is an over paid  sheister just going through the motions and tells him to sling his hook along with his equally inept backroom staff. 

Players like Burke and Harper have been thrown into a disorganised shambles to somehow change the fortunes of a very downbeat and negative team . This was always going to end badly . 
As was stated, now is the time to seriously start building a team around the younger players as our current campaign is now fucked.  

Lol

St Johnstone I mean.   I would imagine he understands his position slight, y better than you do, and wouldn't say you're qualified to judge that anyway. 

Guy buying a wife abroad bite me.

I played amateur m8

On 22/12/2016 at 14:05, Peppino Impastato said:

If harper was at utd he'd be their best player by far.   He's played 8 times for the u23s this season and one for the first team, 26 minutes actually you said not one.

He is more like a Armstrong,  who you can add to the list btw along with mcginn,  than feruz.   Still has every chance and is younger than gauld.

23 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Harper is tactically inept and relies on one moment of magic amongst fifty moments of shite. If he hadn't spent his youth in Spain then he'd be at Brechin.

Obviously though, all that will be solved by chucking him in against Slovakia.

How much of Jack Harper have you seen to form these opinions?

Sit the f**k down the pair of you.

Starting for Setubal, game is kicking off right now.

Livescore has him playing as the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1, which I very much doubt is the case.

Gets an assist for the 2nd goal. Pretty shite keeping, tbf.

Edited by Nightmare

The Primeira Liga is ranked 6th in UEFA's league coefficient, whilst we're currently 23rd.

They're a mid-table team in what is clearly a pretty good European league (even although the attendances outside the big 3, Braga and Guimaraes are really shite). So I'd say challenging for 2nd behind Celtic is probably a decent shout.

Starting for Setubal, game is kicking off right now.
Livescore has him playing as the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1, which I very much doubt is the case.

Gets an assist for the 2nd goal. Pretty shite keeping, tbf.

Fotmob had him down as the middle one of the three.

Good to see him getting game time.

The Primeira Liga is ranked 6th in UEFA's league coefficient, whilst we're currently 23rd.
They're a mid-table team in what is clearly a pretty good European league (even although the attendances outside the big 3, Braga and Guimaraes are really shite). So I'd say challenging for 2nd behind Celtic is probably a decent shout.

If that's right then he should be in with a decent chance of making the next squad. I'd say it's worth the gamble now of assuming he's going to be a decent senior player and giving him a 'real' callup instead of a hamper boy place like he had before.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

To be fair though, if you put the teams that qualified for European competition in England last season in a league filled with Scottish teams, they'd still be a "top" league going purely by league coefficient, because (I think) it's all down to how you do in Europe.  Just because Portugal is 6th doesn't mean that the quality will be uniformly high throughout.

Of course I could be talking shite, as I've not really watched any games to judge the quality

1 hour ago, forameus said:

To be fair though, if you put the teams that qualified for European competition in England last season in a league filled with Scottish teams, they'd still be a "top" league going purely by league coefficient, because (I think) it's all down to how you do in Europe.  Just because Portugal is 6th doesn't mean that the quality will be uniformly high throughout.

Of course I could be talking shite, as I've not really watched any games to judge the quality

It's a fair point. I'm just going with the assumption that Benfica, Porto and Sporting are clearly better than anything we have here, and the mid-table teams in Portugal like Vitoria Setubal seem to generally compete pretty well with them.

9 hours ago, forameus said:

Just as in Scotland .  In our case the top couple are consistently the best but  shite in European terms......... then it dwindles down to the mediocre.

I just hope Ryan doesn't come back to ruin his career in Scotland.  

On 23/12/2016 at 14:37, theoriginalhedge said:

All this talk about players being tried once and being shite is a bit short sighted.  Players like Burke and Harper have been thrown into a disorganised shambles to somehow change the fortunes of a very downbeat and negative team . This was always going to end badly . 

As was stated, now is the time to seriously start building a team around the younger players as our current campaign is now fucked.  By seriously I would suggest giving more than just one player at a time a run of games . England have had to do it and they have stuck by the youngsters despite some very poor results.   That is probably the sensible option but until Chesney either walks  or has a dramatic change of mindset, this is never going to happen. 

I can see this current situation of monotonous negative failure continue till well into the next campaign with all the young prospects getting one game to prove themselves worthy of a sideways or backward pass to keep possession to try and keep the scores respectable. 

The likes of Gauld and Souttar are well advised to stay away from this soul destroying set up until someone has the balls to admit that Chesney is an over paid  sheister just going through the motions and tells him to sling his hook along with his equally inept backroom staff. 

but but confidence, pots and pans and some other stuff that will be thrown your way for trying to look further than one qualifying campaign

• 2 weeks later...