Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

He should jump at it

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I reckon he will.  The quotes from Gauld in that article suggest to me he had an idea that Sporting may be looking to offload him, and his comments about wanting to stay in Portugal mean it would make sense to move to someone like Boavista.  Decent top half side. Let's just hope no injuries happen or managers get sacked and hopefully he can show us what level he's at.

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Unless the list I'm looking at is wrong, Gauld hasn't been given a squad number for Sporting for this season.  I expect we'll see him move on very soon.

He appeared in the first preseason game they played, and then hasn't at all in the two days since then. Got to assume he'll be off, at least on loan.

Boavista seems like a good fit, if it's a realistic option.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Disappointing.  Though bet he strolls it here and all the fannies who have been saying he's 'utter dug meat' are shown for the idiots they are.  Will be playing for Scotland before Xmas.

Correct, but not disappointing. He’ll have a good two years worth of experience playing under high pressure at a club that needs to win, and then move to a top league.  A win for Scotland surely?

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
6 hours ago, accies1874 said:
Rangers are apparently close to loaning him with an option to buy emoji20.png 

Where is this coming from?

2 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Gerrard shot that down

Saw some Portuguese article on Twitter, so thought I'd share it with the boiz x

31 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't know if we're due anything due to a sell on clause, but the only possible good thing out of Gauld going to Rangers would be the seethe when their fans realised their cash was going to us.

I was thinking the same.

We still own 20% of him according to Mike Martin.

Absolutely depressing how it’s ended up for Gauld. The guy should be a Scotland regular by now but yet keeps being loaned out to absolute bobbins.

Surely this should be his last year at Lisbon and he should look for a move back to the UK and draw a line under his time there.