Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4446228/ryan-gauld-transfer-news-hibs-dundee-united-moreirense/

Promising if he can get in the team, I've already checked and there's a burger king near by incase he can't!

Shows he's still very highly thought of in Portugal.  I think its an accurate statement to say technically he's probably still the best player available to Scotland.

Shows he's still very highly thought of in Portugal.  I think its an accurate statement to say technically he's probably still the best player available to Scotland.

Absolutely unbelievable statement [emoji28]

I'm not surprised that he's being linked with Portuguese teams. I imagine he will be keen to stay out there. If he can just get a couple of full seasons under his belt then he might progress to have a half decent career.

Based on what? Looked very good 5 years ago for Dundee Utd but are you seriously saying he's shown more than Armstrong, Fraser & McTominay since?
He probably can't be fairly judged until he has a season or two of uninterrupted playing time, but to be fair the fact he hasn't had that is as much because he hasn't been up to it as it has been because of misfortune/injury/managerial changes. Wish him well, but let's not overhype the burger king.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Based on what? Looked very good 5 years ago for Dundee Utd but are you seriously saying he's shown more than Armstrong, Fraser & McTominay since?
He probably can't be fairly judged until he has a season or two of uninterrupted playing time, but to be fair the fact he hasn't had that is as much because he hasn't been up to it as it has been because of misfortune/injury/managerial changes. Wish him well, but let's not overhype the burger king.

I'm not sure you understand what I said.  I said he is technically the best player we have, as in his technique is better than any other Scottish player.  I don't think its really in any serious doubt whatsoever that technically his level is higher than any other Scot currently playing professional football, that's really not a controversial statement.  I didn't say he was a better player than any of the others, just technically better than all the others, which he is.

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

I'm not sure you understand what I said.  I said he is technically the best player we have, as in his technique is better than any other Scottish player.  I don't think its really in any serious doubt whatsoever that technically his level is higher than any other Scot currently playing professional football, that's really not a controversial statement.  I didn't say he was a better player than any of the others, just technically better than all the others, which he is.

this guy lol GIF by Justin

I get what you're trying to say. I just don't see any evidence to back it up.
He is a technically gifted player, but you're trying to assert that he is irrefutably the most technically gifted Scot. You need a bit of objective evidence to back that up otherwise it's just hot air.

15 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I get what you're trying to say. I just don't see any evidence to back it up.
He is a technically gifted player, but you're trying to assert that he is irrefutably the most technically gifted Scot. You need a bit of objective evidence to back that up otherwise it's just hot air.

You can't give evidence for that sort of thing it can't be objectively measured. However, given the other names mentioned I am more confident now than I even was when I said that he is the most technically gifted Scottish player around right now. I don't think there's really much debate to be had about that.  I would also include Scott Allan and Billy Gilmour as well as Mackay-Steven, but Gauld is number one right now.  Technically he is a very gifted footballer.

What do you mean by technically better? And do you think this has any value whatsoever? Why do you think his career hasn't taken off yet? 

I hear this phrase "technically better" on occasion and the meaning of it isn't clear, but beyond that I think it doesn't matter. The ability to trap a ball is obviously of value, but if it's combined by a lack of game intelligence then the player has no more value than those ball jugglers on youtube. 

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

What do you mean by technically better? And do you think this has any value whatsoever? Why do you think his career hasn't taken off yet? 

I hear this phrase "technically better" on occasion and the meaning of it isn't clear, but beyond that I think it doesn't matter. The ability to trap a ball is obviously of value, but if it's combined by a lack of game intelligence then the player has no more value than those ball jugglers on youtube. 

Better technique.  Touch, skill, weight of pass, he also has better vision than almost every other Scottish player.

Not surprised a British football fan thinks it doesn't matter, however, when your team gets beat in Europe for the forty thousandth time in a row, and Scotland fail to make their 1800th tournament in a row, its cause the teams from places who realise it does matter, are technically better.

Theres a Rangers fan who stalks their forum, and twitter, claiming Barrie McKay is the "most technically gifted" player in Scottish football.

At least we know who Kuro supports now.

Probably McKays dad.

I’m curious about this too. Apart from technique and fitness what is there?

You hear the excuse “they were technically better than us” quite a lot, usually after the latest defeat in Europe or when Scotland are beaten. Isn’t the word “technically” a bit superfluous?

As for Ryan Gauld, he’s not done much since 2014. He needs to get a club and start playing games again on a regular basis. What happened to him at Hibs last season?

Time to show off those technical skills.